World Records

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: World Records

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Here's one that won't be beaten: Zero bonus XP.

The #1 trick here is to prep Dracul, since the Blood Curse gives you a level but doesn't award any bonus XP. You also need a little luck finding a subdungeon that provides something of your level to kill to get enough XP to ding 10, so the boss doesn't give you any bonus XP. In my case, on my second try I got probably the best one: Hitball. I saved it until late to get the most XP from it. I also prepped a Transmutation Scroll which ended up being very nice because I had no other way to break into the bonus subdungeon, which was the "8 level-1 monsters" one.
sitnaltax

Postby Nurator on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm

wow that is amazing :D i think this will be entered in the hall of fame forever :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm going to try to win under a minute. That's going to be hard.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Uh... good luck with that.

Hmm... thinking Taurog Trilling Berserker. Just chug everything you find and go on a rampage killing things indiscriminately, sucking back a health potion when you take on something a bit too strong.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Exactly. Prep Namtar's Ward. Misclick protection and power leveling.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:47 pm

I prepped Trisword instead, using healing potions to buffer myself when I took on something a little too strong and needed to finish the battle quickly so I could move on. Best I could do was get it under 2 minutes, though.

Darvin

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Fewest kills
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Regarding the last one you had me at "WTH how did he even... ah, assasin :D"

Took a bit of patience and moving stuff out of the way I bet? :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:06 pm

ENDISWAL, actually.

Prepared Mystera, Crystal Ball, and Fireball Magnet. Used flames, mystic balance, and refreshment. I desecrated Tikki Tooki, since I wasn't attacking anything so first strike and weakening were of no consequence.

I made four attempts. First run I found Super Meat Man and immediately restarted. Second run I found the Firstborn but only got him down to about 100 HP before running out of resources. Third run I didn't find the boss until the dungeon was mostly explored so I restarted. Got it on my fourth run with a relatively early Aequitas find and a keg of mana in my shop pool.

I honestly expected I was going to need BLUDTUPOWA to pull it off, but after the run against Firstborn I changed my mind; any low-HP boss would do.
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Tried to beat the record of wasting many tiles: Orc Rogue in Ventrue Cave (but around 30 tiles less than 'The Avatar')
Idea was to explore everything and if i get stuck kill enough monsters to levelup and explor further.
Found PISFOR early and later Binlor, which was great to destroy walls to explor the 'mountains'.
But had bad luck with the subdungeons, one was completeley explored. And i somewhere made a mistake and regenerated 3mana.
But on the other side, no hitpoints were regenerated :)

Dreamdancer

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons