[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - World Records

World Records

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: World Records

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 am

Well, I obviously can't beat Dreamdancer, but at least I tied with Darvin.

Preps were Trisword, Black Market, More Glyphs (was scumming for GETINDARE for an hour, it was impossible. Only GETINDARE, I didn't care one bit what the rest of the dungeon was including the boss. :( ) and STR and Quicksilver potion. I didn't have money for more :( (This is the old bakrupt and buggy profile). No poison either, only god - Taurog. No unstoppable fury or agnostic collar so didn't even get full gear :( I couldn't even find anything to break the wall to the damned subdungeon, but after an hour of no getindare I really didn't care anymore...

EDIT: I didn't even have enough gold to feed 3 potions to the trisword -.-' Sorry if all this sounds strange and wrong, but the run was a diasapiontment conga right up to the point where I won.

EDIT2: I'm going to bed. I wrote something factually wrong here because I'm to tired to think (previous tinker run to get gold for this run was first striking popcorn). And GETINDERE needs a nerf big time, and principles that beat VICIOUS should probably not be applied to non-VICIOUS outside of fun contests. And if any of the million things went right (starting with if I had more than a 100 gold for preps) I wouldn't even need the GETINDARE, so that means Rogue is a bit too good or something. Maybe...

EDIT3: Oh, and during that hour I had a run with TT, Taurog, Pactmaker and Medusa as boss, but died to a non-voluntary missclick just because. Have to laugh at that one I suppose :D

Just thought I'd chime in.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 am

Wow. I wonder if we need any more proof how broken that combo is?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 am

this is all just sick :D but that lvl 5 zombie wasn´t that hard^^ I dont know if this is a bug, but namtar ward is active when you start the game, but can be used on lvl 1 again, so it gives effectively 2 DP on lvl 1. With a combination of GG for absolution, I survived one hit, had 2 DPs +First Strike... mass Orc Conversion (nothing prepped for that) was enough to kill the zombie :) But if you can kill lvl 10s on lvl 1, a lvl 5 will not be that hard ;-)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 am

It just shows the level 1 power of transmuters, which that guy magnifies.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am

@Nurator: The first time i killed a lvl5 at lvl1 was a thief against goat with reflex+strength potion. So your run without potions was impressive for me ;)
The idea with the Transmuter i had later. First i thought going Goblin with Martyr Warps to give the boss as many corrosion stacks as possible, as i saw how the damage skyrocketed, i changed the strat. Concerning the Transmuter i'll make a new topic.
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 am

Guys, the "most bonus XP" record needs serious work. I did this by accident, and only realized just before closing the score-screen that it was a world record candidate. Only sources of bonus XP were Fighter "veteran" bonus, Tikki's Edge, and old-fashioned higher-level kills.

I'd say 300 may be entirely possible if I were goblin, prepped elite items to get Yendor, crossed my fingers for IMAWAL, and prepped good items for more aggressive high-level kills.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:28 am

Heck, I bet 400+ would be quite feasible:

q 3

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:13 am

Heh, forgot about Transmuter when I said 300. Yeah, 400 should be entirely doable.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 am

I'm surprised no one has gone for 0 wasted steps. It's pretty easy to cheese:

q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons