[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeons with lots of drops (Spoons, Bombs, Charms)

Dungeons with lots of drops (Spoons, Bombs, Charms)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dungeons with lots of drops (Spoons, Bombs, Charms)

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 pm

I just had the craziest idea. Has anyone ever sucessfully combined Pactmakers CP pact with a dungeon where monsters drop a lot of junk? I just had Binlor and Pactmaker spawn in Rogue Gold (Which I totaly won - my second gold challenge win ever, Yay! And no GETINDARE, either).

If I had the sense god gave a chicken, I would've picked up the conversion pact, because in that dungeon miner bombs drop like mad, and if you have pissorf/endiswall you don't really need them. I converted them frequently in old Gaan'Telet, and they give 25 conversion, so it would've been an awesome deal.

What other places can spawn enough junk to make it viable? CP pact gives 10 every time you convert something and take away 5 piety (not so hot), and there isn't really a deity who's both a piety farm and a conversion enthusiast, but I was thinking a few places, like maybe Rock Garden, might have this as a perk.

What drops where? Anyone tried this?

And if any dungeon needs gimmicking up, I wouldn't mind seeing a dungeon or subdungeon which spawned items with no use whatsoever except being 20tysh CP conversion fodder to enable it ^^

(And if the subject turns out ot be dud, does anyone have a clue how to do fighter gold? Or wizard? Are any still completely undoable?)

EDIT: As long as you're stuck with a reliable piety farm (EM and binlor come to mind), finding a blacksmith subdungoen in a junk drop dungeon could net you a nice 100+ CP.
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Dungeons with lots of drops (Spoons, Bombs, Charms)

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Ick Swamp, Rock Garden, Warlord Gold, Rogue Gold, Southern Swamp, Havensdale Bridge... I think that's everything with extra item drops. The big problem is that in most cases these small items are pretty damn good. For instance, Southern Swamp gives +5% attack bonus. Unless my inventory is completely full I wouldn't convert it, even if there were no piety cost associated with the extra CP from spirit pact.

And that's just the start of the problem. Spirit Pact is simply priced too high; even ignoring the trouble of triggering it, the piety cost is unreasonable for what it actually does. It costs you 5 piety for 10 CP; to put that in perspective that's 50 piety for 10% attack bonus, 40 piety for +2 base attack, or 35 piety for +1 MP. These deals on their own are forgettable even if they could be triggered at-will.

There are better uses of piety, in my opinion. Especially for a Rogue I'd be clamoring for warrior's pact, which offers more HP for piety spent than the spirit pact will give a level 10 dwarf.
Last edited by Darvin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Last edited by Darvin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Check the edit. There's room for expanding this in the game for sure. Whouldn't really need too much work if they used the "junk" from the GG puzzle 3. And hitting a "small CP windfall" subdungeon instead of all of them just having gold or random low-lvl glyph I end up converting anyway would be a wellcome change :)
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Could work; conversion-stacking has been relatively tame since the stacking orc got pulled from the game, so I really don't see any issues here.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Not to mention the Conversion stone nerf. What we never had is parcelized conversion fodder (apart from the mines, but they are really obscure). As long as they made the conversion fodder come in say 5 pieces, adjusted the piety price of the pact to say, 3, made sure you couldn't gain significant piety with GG (the biggest power issue with conversion strats) and also made sure not to give to much more total piety than a glyph would (without the pact), I'd love it.

Well, we do have the blacksmith bonus subdungeon as the CP windfall subdungeon, but it alone isn't really enough (and you never really want to conver the badge, and often the mace). Even if the strat has enough supporting elements allready in there, the price of the pact is obviously so cost-inefficent that we haven't caught onto it for a year. And we've had conversion-crazy fashions.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 am

If Ick Sawmp still drops spoons, you can go on a huge conversion rampage.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 am

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Wow. Yeah. They really do need to tone down the piety per conversion or increase the CP bonus.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons