Puzzle Solutions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Puzzle Solutions

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:54 am

Gnome 3 has a crazy, wide-open space of things to worry about. You have to figure out when to grab the equipment, what monsters to fight in what order, when you need to fireball and when you need to save your mana for WEYTWUT, and when you need to convert. I was surprised at how little I needed to convert when I read the solution; I definitely expected to have to convert more. Figuring out that I needed to kill two slowed monsters to get the extra ding was the least of the problems.
sitnaltax

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Maybe, but once you realize you have to reach level 3 I find it is much easier.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 am

It looks like this week's web build is running an outdated version of the game, eep. This happens to impact Gnome 3. I may post a more general thread about it nownow, it'll be the cause of some o' this week's issues.
Nandrew

Postby Tito Smiley on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm

The one that I'm having trouble with currently is Earthmother 3. I looked through the Overgrowth update thread for the solutions there, but apparently those are outdated and none of them work any longer.
Tito Smiley

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Earthmother 3 solution is remarkably specific. I'd put it right up there with Mystera 3 or Binlor 2 in terms of just how inflexible it is towards slight variation.

If you need a hint: remember that converting glyphs will increase your damage output, and a glyph you've already cast won't go out of effect just because you convert it.

Solution:
1 - petrify corrosive creeper
2 - use plantation, vine form, clearance, and entanglement
3 - trade places with the boss
4 - kill the three golems and pick up the items
5 - use then convert WONAFYT
6 - drink the mana potion, fireball the boss, then convert BURNDAYRAZ
7 - attack the boss, use then convert GETINDARE, kill the boss

I can definitely see why this one would cause headaches.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm

I didn't solve it nearly like that. My solution included manually killing the plants, killing the golems at different intervals and so on and so forth...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

I used corrosion instead of vine form, then kill the slowed golems. I fireballed and GETINDARED the boss I think.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 pm

The problem is that without vine form you will never survive a hit from the boss, and there's only enough mana available for two fireballs tops, which isn't enough to kill him. I think that's the old solution that Tito reported no longer works.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm

You're right. They gave the boss more hp.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm

I'll see how I did it a few days ago, and put it in this post. Not now, however.

Ok, my way needs a bit of luck in one place, but otherwise needs less figuring odd stuff out (I think):

1) WHEYTWUT boss next to the Corrosive Plant
2) Hit one golem twice to kill him
3) Drink mana potion, convert WONNAFYT and WHEYTWUT, pick everything else up
4) Kill all but 3 plants (get corroded and cursed for every one)
5) Use IMAWAL on Corrosive Creeper, convert IMAWAL
6) Use Plantation, then Greenblod, then Clearance (there should be no more mushrooms on the map)
7) Use Entanglement - if a mushroom blocks the tile that leads to the golems, bad luck, try over, if not, keep going)
8) Use BURNDAYRAZ on boss
9) Kill both golems to lvl up
10) Use plantation, Fireball the boss, use GETINDARE, convert GETINDARE
11) Use Clerarance, Fireball the boss again, Convert Fireball
12) Kill the boss

Alternatively, you can keep 6 plants alive, and work the Greenblod into it later (I originally did it that way), but you have to time it right and covert BURNDAYRAZ later.

Looks convoluted, but is actually easier to discover naturally, or at least was for me.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons