[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - This game is amazing!

This game is amazing!

All things Desktop Dungeons

This game is amazing!

Postby Shiningsoul on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 am

Just dropped near the last of my money on the twenty-dollar edition to support the developers and say that this is a fantastic game. I have only played the demo but after checking into updates and the fact this is not on stasis and is still being worked on by a company that made me laugh just through the conformation e-mail I had to buy it.

So if anyone reads this I am just saying this game is great and I hope to be around and play it a ton more!
Shiningsoul

Re: This game is amazing!

Postby dislekcia on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 am

Glad you enjoyed the alpha and thanks for the support :)

Please do let us know if the beta feels better or worse in comparison, we like new eyes on the game!
dislekcia

Postby Nurator on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I totally agree: This game is amazing! It was the best 10 bucks I have ever spent on anything :) The fact that we critisize every single aspect in all the threads is simply because we love it so much, we want it to be perfect!

In fact, its a shame that I paid only 10 dollars... how can I upgrade to a higher version? :)

Keep up the good work!
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Shiningsoul on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

The Beta is way more than I expected it to be. I like how everything is laid out and the choices and money system that was added in. I love unlocking stuff along the way, gives an odd feeling of accomplishment mainly on games where you will die a lot.

I'm more than happy to be aboard Lujo! I was looking for Roguelikes and adventure games similar to The Binding of Isaac and this popped up so I gave it a try. (Completely not related at all other than the dungeon crawler aspect but this is like Nethack on fun drugs to me.) I might actually get a copy for a sibling as a gift but I figured the game was more than worth supporting. It's worthy of being on steam compared to some of the crud on there.

I don't mind a thread being invaded or hijacked, it's just a good way to keep the forums alive and have everyone know one another. Not something uncommon when it comes to forums. Other than dying five times as a mage after getting to the Banker after killing everything and getting him down to ONE hit after converting glyphs and forgetting to save the first-strike one each time things are good.

Is there a reason you can not use the arrow keys to move on the browser version? I play on a laptop trackpad so left-mouse clicking can drive a man insane.
Shiningsoul

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

I think that funcrionality is coming, and err, you don't have to die to a boss just because you can't beat him. Turned out this wasn't so obvious - you can use the stairs you came in with, to go back out. Shamefull defeat, yes, but saves a lot of gold in the long run ;) Enjoy!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

The arrowkeys are not functioning, because it really is a difference, if you are forced to explore every step of the way or can just click on the end point (you will see later, when you find more obscure enemies). But it is still coming :)
Nurator

Postby Shiningsoul on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks Lujo and Nurator, I ended up finding out you could exit through the stairs after I had died once or twice to a boss in frustration over not being able to get that last hit in. Funny thing is I ended up beating the physical resistant banker with a warrior when I could not beat the physical resistant one with the mage after trying ten times. Thanks for the input and good to hear those are still coming. I don't mind using the mouse every now and then but it would be nice to use arrows for the straight paths. Looking forward to that.
Shiningsoul

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons