[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - This game is amazing!

This game is amazing!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: This game is amazing!

Postby Shiningsoul on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Hijack away, it'll just give me more to learn. Like a growing dislike for the wizard after seeing how easy the fighter is. I do like the -1 mana use on glyphs but the fighter just has a lot more livability and survival if you make a mistake. I don't think it's going to be hijacked Lujo, even amazing games have their weak characters. It just happens sometimes. :P
Shiningsoul

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 am

Darvin

Postby Shiningsoul on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Well I managed to solve the second Earthmother puzzle and have been working on the third. Did the dungeon where you get the Earthmother as the thief and finally got it completed after a few tries which was pretty satisfying. Working on unlocking more characters and saving up some money to buy stuff and unlock things right now.
Shiningsoul

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Also, something speedball was saying in the other thread made me think that early game wizard is supposed to be used with fanatical devotion to EM. His cost reduction on Burndayraz makes clearance mean two straight up fireballs per use on him with no other help whatsoever, and liberal use of IMAWALL might help his leveling issues, and corroding stuff for more firebally goodness certanly won't hurt. Then you unlock the Crytall Ball, and go conversion crazy with orcs and PISSORFF (and the whole PISSORFF Wizard kit).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Well the interesting thing with the wizard is that he benefits the most from keeping lots of spells around. Which is great. However the loss of conversion points to see that benefit probably hurts more. So my thought has been lately that a "fix" for the wizard(not sure it needs to be fixed but that is another conversation), would be to have the ability to gain conversion points from casting spells in some way. EM serves great from him better than Mystera because Mystera's 2 big boons actually make wizards worse in a lot of ways(making cheap spells more expensive or reducing combat ability more).
xspeedballx

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 pm

You could make him get the conversion points by having the glyphs in his inventory.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 pm

I have to test this, but wizard used to induce a special bug to make him even worse than he is - sice he treats Glyphs as small item, GG registers his Glyph Conversions as small item conversions which makes it harder for the wizard to gain piety with GG. It used to annoy me a whole lot, and I suspect nothing has been done about it (partly because fixing it would be a headache coding wise). It's still something strictly bad, very likely unintentional and wizard specific.

I'm, err, afraid to post this in the bug thread as I'm not sure it's still like that, but every time I fire the game up I forget to try it out.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons