[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dungeon of the Day - Master Thread

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:56 pm

I suspect Rogues might have to get a handicap - yeah, they're among the most powerful classes in terms of crushing everything, but in terms of getting badges? Without a way to improve max HP they're nearly helpless, and in order to improve their max HP they usually need to give up one or more expensive badges. Although we'll see how this plays out with the current challenge.
q 3

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm

The deal with Purist is that it is a very powerful enabler. Winning as a purist isn't all that hard, but going Purist and still snagging lots of hard badges is very difficult. I don't think there's anything we can really do about it. I guess we could implement some kind of ridiculously complex sliding scale, but getting that to work is probably an undertaking at least as hard as mastering the game itself.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, if the dev's like the concept enough to advertize it on the frontpage, maybe they could add a button to the victory screen which would let window with the prep loadout pop up or replace the monster kill tally. Would do a world of good to curbing prep power in these situations, and also be really good for general run writeups in balance/help/strat threads.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 am

Perhaps it's a little early, but I had an idea for Dungeon of the Day 5

We could do an Expert and Regular division, with the expert division randomly choosing a vicious scenario (other than VGT) and the regular division doing a hard dungeon. The class selection would be the same between the two divisions. Enforcement of the division breakdown would be purely voluntary; if someone wants to participate in both divisions (I'd imagine someone like Dreamdancer would fall into that category) that's their perogative, but people like Avatar or me should stick to expert.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 am

q 3

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am

Darvin

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:12 am

I'm reiterating the whole "we need a post-run prep tally screen" on the following grounds:

Prepping a Translocation Scroll actually makes miser meaningless as long as you score somethign to go along with your prepped locker/backpack strat enabler. Prepping the "silly potions kit" without health and mana potions (old Gaan'Telet style) along with the 3XAlchemy shops prep let's you fuel a trisword and alchemist scroll pretty well while still staying parched. And just Schadenfraude + Alchemist lets you play a parched spellcaster with relative ease.

A vet (or, say, Balkaneeze descendant of a long line of highwaymen, pirates, smugglers, economists and catolic clergy) can che... I mean, prep his way to several badges leaving newbies dazed, confused and disenhartened. Just saying.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Lujo, your post is why I originally suggested that Purist be worth 5. It's an incredible amount of power and it feels like a steal at 4 points. ESPECIALLY, now that the extra powerup preps are back. An extra +20% attack is not to be ignored.

And, of course Whupaz + Reflex Potion is a crazy combo, since you get the "effect that shall not be named" twice in a row.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons