Dungeons: Fun or funky-share your thoughts.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dungeons: Fun or funky-share your thoughts.

Postby Gavster on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Take the time to sit down with a nice brandy and reminisce your trials and tribulations in the dungeons.

Fun:
Shifting passages hard - open, enjoyable and let's me blast the crap out of walls. The shrinking effect is very fun.
Halls of steel hard - I found it difficult with limited black space and creature abilities. Made it harder to power level. It improved my play style the most while being challenging with different classes and races.

Demonic Library vicious - I find I have to pause and think about what to attack and take my time exploring but the fun is with the avatar. Nothing like having more monsters to bash and see how many levels I can gain.

Most annoying:
Labyrinth hard - I spent so much time on labyrinth with different classes getting smashed until I worked out what's strong. And how the boss moves.
Ick swamp hard - picking monk for this level annoys me. I first tried the monk here. Lol worst decision.

Naga city vicious - frustrated the hell out of me before Avatar told me how to deal with it. Like most dungeons the first time is the hardest. I struggled so hard with gold and what god/s to pick.
Gavster

Re: Dungeons: Fun or funky-share your thoughts.

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Labyrinth:
The thing which annoyed me here the most was that i needed the trophy from the bull-boss for the quest-line. In order to get this he must be the second boss to be killed. If one doesn't find the other boss early and has no ENDISWAAL one has pretty high chances to get really screwed.
Was happy the first time when i beat it, until i realised that i did kill the bosses in the wrong order and had to do this all again...
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

We actually complained about this on my last documented playthrough (a bunch of us). Turns out this is intentional, and is ment to be part of a challenge that the Labyrinth is supposed to pose. There used to be a do it with 4 classes quest here I think, and I managed to get that trophy on the 4th or 5th try (and was always the last one I got even when all of them didn't have a dungeon where they are a guaranteed spawn).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't know, I've always liked Naga City. I guess I like the "puzzle dungeon" style more.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Hexx Ruins; fun dungeon with a unique flavour. On the other end of the spectrum, there can be only one: Ick Swamp is very aptly named.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Ye, Hexx Ruins I find fun and challenging, and I like Naga City for the puzzley schtick.

I don't like Namtar's Lair, and I'll think about this some more, but Shifting Passages was always a dreadfull and difficult place for me.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't really like Ick Swamp, Shifting Passages, and The Labyrinth. Dungeons without much space really get to me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Claustrophobic dungeons... remember the Chokebox?
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 am

Favorite Hard: Havendale Bridge (I love the Troll and how you can fight him or pay him off)
Favorite Vicious: Naga City

Least Favorite Hard: Cursed Oasis (It's cool, but it just makes so many classes not work)
Least Favorite Vicious: Halls of Steel

Now for bonus reminiscing!
Favorite Hard Dungeon we no longer have: The Crypt
Favorite Vicious Dungeon we no longer have: Old Naga City

Least Favorite Hard Dungeon we no longer have: Old Slime Pits
Least Favorite Vicious we no longer have: Old Slime Pits :)
gjaustin

Postby Gavster on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 am

Ahh shifting passages I get the bear mace and scum for pisorf or binlor usually. It did annoy me before that.
Blinking enemies don't blink when you knock them into something. :) it is a map where you forced to kill the high level monsters before the boss though.
Gavster

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons