Yar Where Be the nauticals.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Yar Where Be the nauticals.

Postby Sylliqoue on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 am

Ahoy ye landlubber's,

I be awaiting a nautical themed race, dungeons and professions. What yellow bellied kingdom be we running here? I be discouraged by the lack of naval forces yarr. How would one plan on conquering the seven seas and opening trade routes without a navy!

For those that don't like stupid I've included a proper post as-well:

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting, and waiting for some more stuff to do, And I thought that I would like to see the inclusion of an aquatic monster race Naga, Mermaid, Siren etc... I was also thinking that maybe there could be a dock building with classes like Marine, Pirate, Buccaneer, just some naval themed classes. Maybe gaining us a slew of new dungeons and quests.

As far as I'm concerned this game won't be finished until there's a whale boss called The Timber Shiver-er that has 2000 hp, enrage at 95% and magic resist 50%. In a dungeon called The Shivering:Return of Willies Ghost.
Sylliqoue

Re: Yar Where Be the nauticals.

Postby squirrelnest on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Yeah, there are dozens more classes we need to see. Desktop Dungeons 2, DD 3, DD 4, DD Anthology, DD Cyberpunk, DD Reloaded, and DD 5 are all going to be great games.
squirrelnest

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Yep, once this thing gets going it'll make an awesome franchise.

In the meantime, any feedback you might have will get it colser to a "We're making an expansion!" moment, so hit the devs (and the community) with all yer cannons, yarrrrr...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't forget DD: In the Hood or DD X(not number 10)
xspeedballx

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:37 am

There's a lot of typical monsters missing. Bats, Skeletons, Orcs (monster) and ogres, spiders, and potentially Elementals.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gavster on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:59 am

Hopefully its modable. For now the devs are doing plenty.
Gavster

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:13 am

As far as spin off properties go, I have been playtesting My Skin and Tears: I Shed Them Both For You as a favor to Nandrew. I'd didn't think I would enjoy a naga-themed dating simulator, and I was right :(
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 am

Wow, I lol'd at that.

Pretty much all that we'll ever need is modding capabilities. We have such an active forum base that it would be huge, and I'm think most of us would pitch in $10 to help get that done.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sylliqoue on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:15 am

Modding capabilities would be cool, steam workshop could make it very simple for players to share and play the mods as well.Times like these I wish i learned to program instead of practicing for competitive fork eating.
Sylliqoue

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

The strange thing with the possibility of modding the game is that it's actually pretty tight when it comes to balancing features. So many components to take into account, small numbers everywhere - everyone can have good ideas, but actually making them work within the system and not simply outclass stuff or be obviously not good enough to tackle challenges has proven to be tricky.

It's also part of a reasaon the vets (errr, well, some vets, I guess) can bust a brain hemmorage over just about any fiddling with the game, even if it's obviously necessary. And so much stuff people would mod in the blink of an eye is actually a part of the learning curve or the overall balancing or... Take the brand new poison thing: A while ago I go raving about how TT's poison boon is overpowered (it was), but another vet, who's using completely different tactics that include poisoning through APHEELSICK, starts warning about poison not being as good as that one feature. Eventually it all calms down, but then the devs decide to rework poison entirely - they destroy the overpowered boon, but it the process APHEELSICK got hit and the Gorgon is functionaly useless (and god knows what else, because god knows how many dungeons were considered "doable" because everyone was walking in with the old poison which seemed legit at the time).

Just about anything someone decides to mod or adjust can cause repercussions all over the place.

Just saying...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons