[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - This game is amazing

This game is amazing

All things Desktop Dungeons

This game is amazing

Postby Le Boucher on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 pm

What can I say? You've really got something here. I'm hooked. I don't know what it is about it, but it just works. I've preordered the $20 version and I hope to see much more in the future. One thing that excites me about this game is that it seems like it would be very easy to add additional content down the road.
Le Boucher

Re: This game is amazing

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 pm

:) Wellcome to the forums, where that sentiment is universaly shared. May your threads never be hijacked by vets, and may you never feel uncomfortable about posting feedback.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:03 am

Darvin

Postby Le Boucher on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:04 am

I suck at this game and I'm lucky to beat one dungeon per day, but I can't stop trying.
Le Boucher

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:24 am

Everyone starts somewhere. It used to take me 3 days to get a successful run, back in the far past.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 pm

In my early alpha days I only started beating andything consistently when I started tabbing to the wiki for help :D
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Yay, in the beginning the game has a very steep learning curve
and looking in the wiki isn't cheating, it's important to get some of the fundamental concepts of the game.
remeber my first hard dungeon, when i thought 'how the heck should i beat this' and now the easier hard dungeons are relative easy. but now there are the vicious dungeons which give me headaches.
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 pm

I never looked at the wiki. I just got really sucked into it, and I figured it out by myself. Of course, I'm talking about the alpha right now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah, VICIOUS is ment to be post-endgame content (or in some cases something to keep crazy veterans busy while the devs work on the game and adress all the issues and consider all the feedback from regular folks. Or take a vacation - one time they set us up with something that wasn't ment to be beatable while they went to an expo or something. The aftermath of that episode was all major strats getting nerfed and that dungeon being made a bunch of times more difficult. Not to mention a doorstopper-worth of text in discussions, complaints about some classes being overpowered and genereal whining. Someone could do a seminar just on the backlogs :D)

(Come to think of it I wrote a spontaneus, if a bit too technical, wiki on damage spiking at some point during all that, in the form of a textwall filled forum thread...)

So in other words, just when you think you got it all figured out, the game upps the stakes. And then you think you know what the best of the best is, someone comes up with something he's been using all along that you never touched, you fire up another profile and swear off your old safe techniques and discover a whole new game. It's... There's nothing like it, really...
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons