Question on Puzzles

All things Desktop Dungeons

Question on Puzzles

Postby Shiningsoul on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm

I was wondering if there were going to be more hints added to puzzles for the stupid among us (mainly once the game is released to steam so everyone does not look them up and actually tries to solve them alone.)

I really enjoy solving the harder ones but some of them can be frustrating to keep attempting without any more hints or suggestions. Maybe make it so that after a certain amount of tries the player is offered more hints if they wish for them or something along those lines? I know it's killing the difficulty of puzzles but as the rewards are pretty low for the amount of time that goes into finishing some of them I just thought it might be worth suggesting if it has not been thought about already. Thanks for reading this!
Shiningsoul

Re: Question on Puzzles

Postby Shiningsoul on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Image Oh and I keep crashing when using Wonafyt I don't know what the problem is there, is it because I am using Chrome or something?
Shiningsoul

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm

That could be an interesting idea. The puzzles sort of push you in the right direction subconsciously with the wall placement, but if someone just can't get it they should be able to have some sort of extra hit. Maybe at a gold cost?

NOTE: Please post all bugs in the bug reports thread. Not here or any thread but that.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby paplaukes on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm

I agree with Shiningsoul, was just thinking this the other day, wouldn't mind extra hints on the harder stuff, even if I had to forfeit a part of reward for that.

I've got loads of incomplete ones, a lot were added since I first solved them (troll stuff + a few more) til now.
Honestly, I'm not sure if some of the puzzles are beta-broken or not so just keeping away for a bit :)

WONAFYT on certain monsters (gorgons, goblins) crashes the game for me, I'm avoiding that glyph til next update.
paplaukes

Postby Shiningsoul on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh good to know it's not just me, it crashes one of the puzzles that I need it to complete and has been driving me nuts. Most of them are not all that bad to figure out if you keep trying but the rewards are kind of low for the time spent figuring them out like I said.

I don't think it is a terrible idea and the walls do help with figuring most of them out. Sorry for posting the bug report here I was looking for the thread that was mentioned in the bug forum but could not find the link to it.
Shiningsoul

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 am

I think we've fixed that one and uploaded now. If not, then the crash fix should be applied by Friday. :)
Nandrew

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm

is it just me or is "Intro to mystera" impossible? If i remember right gorgons used to have less health and could be killed in 1 fireball now its not possible to level up without dying.

EDIT: never mind I forgot about burning damage
Last edited by TwinBladeWarrior on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwinBladeWarrior

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Can someone post a link to our puzzle walkthrough thread? I can't find it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby paplaukes on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

paplaukes

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm so smart I forgot to use the search function...

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons