[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A nice way to earn cash...

A nice way to earn cash...

All things Desktop Dungeons

A nice way to earn cash...

Postby Wargizmo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

"Bet on boss" preparation stacked with "In demand" is pretty good :)

Wargizmo

Re: A nice way to earn cash...

Postby Xanopticon on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Can't allways get the boss you want though :( I've been stuck on Indemand: Gorgon head for a while now and i've never seen a Gorgon boss...
Xanopticon

Postby bla0815 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Being stuck with in demand can be annoying. I was stuck with the meatloaf very early and i found my first meatman around the time i found the goblins: Very late. Still haven't seen any meatman boss since then. If i had not beaten him then, i'd be quite frustrated by now.

But now, after the meatloaf (or at somepoint not too much later) the in demand item keeps changing, whenever i go to the dungeon (or only if i kill a boss - not sure). This was definitly not the case earlier, but hardly seems like a bug. It has less potential to frustrate this way. Initially i thought this was due to the recent version change, but your experiences contradict that.

Oh yeah - on topic: Bet on boss rocks! Not always worth it (if you die i.e.), but it always rocks! Nice quadruple trophy run, OP. Interesting to see that those wraiths also clog your taxidermy industry.
bla0815

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:27 pm

TigerKnee

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Aaaaand I've just noticed a text error in your screenshot. Gonna go fix that quickly ...

*pops out again*
Nandrew

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:01 pm

It would be nice if the random dungeons would tend to pick bosses that you haven't seen in a while, even if not the boss that's in demand. Both for the sake of your kingdom finances, as well as for the variety of experience.
q 3

Postby Wargizmo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Wargizmo

Postby PeaceChaser on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah, I was having trouble gathering cash until I realized that this could be done. I like it. It makes the high cost of preparations less painful.
PeaceChaser

Return to Desktop Dungeons