Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

All things Desktop Dungeons

Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Postby GoatBot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 am

GoatBot

Re: Spiked Spikes and Slashy Swords

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Wooot! Awesome update, lots of stuff to check out ^^

Woot on q_3's spotlight, and as per his (I think) request, a short vampire demo done in a silly accent is rendering ATM :)
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Hard Gaan-Telet is no longer in the burning dungeon pool.

Darn. Wish it would have removed the one I have that I have been refusing to do. :P

Balanced Dagger bonus is now 3 XP

Decent change. Balanced Dagger should be a bit less niche/conversion fodder now. (Actually, I thought it was pretty good already on those tight, exploration-challenged dungeons like Labyrinth. But not going to complain.)

Naga Cauldron bugfix, now permits overheal

Very interesting change, since it allows you to pop a health potion at dungeon start for a boost. Could make this item very useful.

Transmuter now replenishes mana before triggering Spirit Sword
Strength potion and Spirit Sword will prioritise instance with highest damage

You really do listen to us :mrgreen:

Strength potion damage adjusted
Strength effect: adds +1 damage per character level

I suppose that a nerf here was warranted, but feel that Strength potions are probably still on the weak side at high levels.

edit: With the Spirit Sword change, it now drains mana even if you already have a Spirit Strength buff up already. If the new buff isn't stronger than the old one then it shouldn't activate, IMO.

Also, the new CO quest completed upon victory with only one of the classes (I hadn't already completed it with both of the others). Not sure if intended.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Ooh, the CO quest kicks ass - more dwarf and explorers guild classes quests AND the questline in CO. Talk about killing a bunch of birds with one stone :D

Not sure how it will affect the "there's no chance to try CO out without trickshots" deal, but I'm not gonna complain. Plus maybe we finally get some proper mass feedback on Crusader and Transmuter ^^

Also, I'm loving the approach to adressing just about everything anyone ever said about CB :lol:

Also, wooot, new artwork for pallete swaps, and awesome at that! This is looking soooo good :)
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Well if you want some Transmuter feedback... I breezed through CO by revealing the entire thing at the start and prepping GG. I had so much health... I basically killed both bosses without even needing to heal or level up in between. (I've done it before with Orcs, but was kind of surprised it worked with Dwarves too. Just don't be too eager to convert health potions.. they are way worth the piety loss compared to GG's boons.)

That's probably more of a GG gripe, though.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 pm

FDru wrote:I've done it before with Orcs, but was kind of surprised it worked with Dwarves too. Just don't be too eager to convert health potions.. they are way worth the piety loss compared to GG's boons.)

That's probably more of a GG gripe, though.

Thats the basis of the Healthmonster strat, try it with a Dwarf paladin with Fire Heart somethimes, if you haven't allready. Would be awesome even if GG was toned down a bit, as there are other ways to increese your health (Alch Scroll, JJ...) Works articularly well with GG's heals since you convert for max health and piety at the same time, while you heal in percentages.

Come to think of it, that quest is probably gonna be GG'd by everyone in 15 minutes. If it leads to absolution tweaks - all for the better :lol:
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Hmm, I'm curious what Orb of Zot does while it's in your inventory.

And I'm also wondering how well the new Dragon Soul ability will work. It seems like it would be pretty great with Binlor.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

gjaustin wrote:Hmm, I'm curious what Orb of Zot does while it's in your inventory.

5 health and 3 mana, pretty nice,

gjaustin wrote:And I'm also wondering how well the new Dragon Soul ability will work. It seems like it would be pretty great with Binlor.

Pretty well with just about anything, but common fireball spammers especially, and Warlords and APHEELSICK users too. I wonder about it's gold cost and CP ratio.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done with the cauldron - health strats just got a nice boost with this change, and if the predictions work right, who knows what will crop up? :) I'm allready seeing those Halfling BM's having a field day ^^
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Lujo wrote:
gjaustin wrote:Hmm, I'm curious what Orb of Zot does while it's in your inventory.

5 health and 3 mana, pretty nice,

gjaustin wrote:And I'm also wondering how well the new Dragon Soul ability will work. It seems like it would be pretty great with Binlor.

Pretty well with just about anything, but common fireball spammers especially, and Warlords and APHEELSICK users too. I wonder about it's gold cost and CP ratio.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done with the cauldron - health strats just got a nice boost with this change, and if the predictions work right, who knows what will crop up? :)

I'm actually not convinced it will work that well for Fireball spammers. Since you can't depend on the 15% triggering, it won't let you fight anything you couldn't otherwise.

It seems to me that it'll work best with ENDISWAL, WEYTWHUT, WONAFYT, HALPMEH, and (yes) APHEELSIK.

Hmm, it might be pretty nice for Warlords against bosses.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm

gjaustin wrote:I'm actually not convinced it will work that well for Fireball spammers. Since you can't depend on the 15% triggering, it won't let you fight anything you couldn't otherwise.

Depends on how hard you spam. PISSORFF can get more triggers, sure, but less effect per trigger. Except that you should be ablet to really go nuts with Rock Heart, this thing and CB (even after the awesome tweaks ^^).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ1tUvlN ... D441A14910 - Vampire roleplay video up, as per request ^^
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons