[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - E3 for everyone!

E3 for everyone!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: E3 for everyone!

Postby MIkHaven on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am

This title is very misleading.

E3 is Today, watched the Microsoft presentation, VERY disappointing.

HOWever the link to the Unity E3 demo "for everyone" is NOT on the site, as far as several people can tell, namely 3.
Please do so soon. Although come to think of it, E3 is 4 days, your link is only active for 3 days. Still hate to think I am losing out on my grace period, due to it NOT being there. Regardless your post is very milsleading to think we got something we acctually didn't.

ON a side note, to the forum posts, the people who are waiting for the "Full-Game" to be able to play it and avoid installing unity. You DO realize you'll still have to probably install Unity for the standalone game. The new game is built off the unity engine, and while its great, and cool they have a web player, that requies Unitys web interface to work. Although I have only been developing games for a little while on the engine. I'd have to go double check to see how Unity does their standalone games. Its like refusing to install DirectX, or Flash, or anything.

-mikhaven
MIkHaven

Postby MIkHaven on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 am

I HATE YOU!

SOON as I reply, get it all setup, nice and pretty. I submit, go to the desktopdungoen.net site, and the game is NOW active.

I repeat this, the Text that said "coming soon, now says PLAY!!!

Enjoy!!!
MIkHaven

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 am

dislekcia

Postby MIkHaven on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 am

No worries, IGN listed it as the 6-9th, is why I wondered. YOUR probably more right, your on the ground. I've never been to E3, prob never will!

The new Desktop Dungeons Is great, and super fun to play BTW. You should open up a feedback thread, or however you want to do it. ONE thing I'll wonder/say, is its interesting how you have these faded tiles that show you the dungeon layout, in the e3 game. I am not sure if that is a bug or a feature. But its cool! Purist might object thou.

I hate to say it, but I like the OLD character select better. MAYBE once you get some more/better arrtwork to support your new direction. It was just cleaner and easier to understand before, gave me a sense of WOW there is a lot I can unlock. Another aspect is you have unlocked a LOT of characters in the game, SURE hope you have the unlocking system as before, it was FUN to unlock each class as I completed its tasks. (Prob just an E3 thing, give people a LOT more choices.)

You can really get the sense of where you guys are going even in its alpha(if I may use that word) stage, but its great. Its a huge step up in terms of the meta game and preperation cost you guys were blogging about. I can't wait to see the beta version.

THANK you timezones!!!
Last edited by MIkHaven on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIkHaven

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am

Nandrew

Postby MIkHaven on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 am

NOPE, should get you a screenshot. Its, faded, is the best word I can describe. Let me get you a screenshot. THe scouting is really cool. I guess i can see where you get faded more from that, its more like 50% alpha in technical terms for faded scouting. This is pixalilated graphics. Yah pixalated GREAT word for it.
MIkHaven

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 am

Nandrew

Postby guyguy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Unfortunately - this "E3" isn't "for everyone" :/ The choice to use Unity Web Player excludes Linux players.

I love the alpha of Desktop Dungeons, and I play it during "micro-breaks" at work. It runs very well on Linux using Wine. But this E3 demo won't work on Linux, and I must say that it is disappointing and makes me feel ignored as a prospective player.

<sad :( >
guyguy

Postby Herborist on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Herborist

Postby guyguy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 pm

guyguy

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons