[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Playthrough notes

Playthrough notes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Playthrough notes

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

DING! Max in Hobblers - Goblin Transmuter with Extra Glyph, Transmutation Seal + Sword and IMAWAL and WONNAFYT. Use the lvl1 popcorn, edge out all the bonuses you can (silly potions) and then convert all the stuff on the floor. Should work with less than I had :)

DING! Max in Hobblers - Also doable with a Gnome Berseker with WHEYTWUT and IMAWAL, provided you find/save Yendor.

Like - New Crystal Ball - Playing like a moron with it keeps screwing me over, and when I actually pay attention not to spam it too hard it's still very, very strong. Loving the changes.

PQI Miser Goblin Monk in CO Was more difficult than most VICIOUS. Would do again for challenge value, but dear god... Took Everything Mysterea had to offer, a TT desecration and then everythign Drac had to offer, and CB to boot.

AA's in CO - Put you in a nasty situation where you have to kill magic attack monsters in the real world and go wraith hunting in the curse world (and everyone knows how fun that is. Not.). That is if you want to get anywhere with mysterea - and with all the curse about, you really want to get good with mysterea on this map, so their inclusion really makes it ugly. I'd take golems, even steel ones, over this...

PQI Purist Gorgon in Havendale Bridge - Was interesting - found the fireball really, really late and had no combat glyphs but APHEELSICK. MAde good use out of IMAWAL and the fact that I started with ENDISWAL. Mysterea most of the way through.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby FDru on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm

I've been experimenting with TT prep lately, actually. It's surprisingly effective if you don't get unlucky on the first few kills.
FDru

Postby q 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 pm

How are you getting piety from TT at level 1? Transmutation scroll on an expensive prep then tithing?
q 3

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Lujo

Postby FDru on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 pm

WONAFYT and WEYTWUT give you TT piety, actually, so you can double up on piety and bonus exp. You can also blow a Quicksilver for a potential dodge.

Best used with spell casters making use of slow, or anything that can consistently 1-shot a mob.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 am

I say, this makes for a nice way to get money.

And oddly enough, it took only one set of potions, the one I walked in with. Which then means I could've done it without TT, or in fact, any gods at all. And I prepped the Fabulous Treasure thinking I'd need it to tribute to TT, which I didn't, so I was left with all the gold. No trisword, either, whish I had one, so drinking all those mana potions for PISSORFF spam would've made more sense.

Anywho, I bet I could get proper badges if just scum hard enough. I think I'll just do a vid on it.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 am

PQI Parched Elven Monk in Berserker Camp - kicked Gobbs and the Berserkers behind. The berserker has 50% magic resist mind you, but the Mage Fist really works with Monks (and Mysterea's weakening is a very nice thing). Should also be good with Priests, but you wouldn't get parched out of it. I did use Dodge and Whoopaz, though :(

PQI Warmonger Dwarf Assasin
- Also went Miser. Is undoable without GG, or at least I can't think of a way to kill the physical immune guy without cleansing with the recent changes, as a warmonger.

Magma Mines !!! - Warmonger might be undoable without GG right now.

PQI Purist Gnome Priest in Shifting Passages - First attempt fell one hit short of working, but was a nightmare, second attempt had Frank as the other boss, Taurog and El Potion Loco subdungeon. And the Trisword. Explored the entire map looking for undead both times...

Warmonger Dwarf Priest in Ick Swamp - was going for Hoarder, but Bleaty made me scratch that quick. Prepped Drac, too, and no Tri-Sword. Wouldn't've been possible without the Dodge and the Whoopaz, most likely, and I really whish the priest had the undead scouting and the indulgences...

PQI - Warmonger Goblin Rogue in the Labyrinth - I though about simply skipping it since I avoid Rogues so hard thet PQI is setting me up with them, but since I was also missing Faithless I decided to do it. Now I have all the badges on the Labyrinth.

PQI - Warmonger Gnome Priest in CO Did fine, but on the other hand I did prep Namtar's ward, and used whoopaz, dodge and reflex to make the dragon effectively have half his health, so yeah...

Eh/tileset - And now PQI is sending me up with a Bloodmage. I'll do it too, because the flaming dungeon is Creeplight, and I'm tired of seeing the snow tiles. That tileset would wellcome a bit of... not being so white. The east could really use some "creepy frozen deadwood" kind of theme, just an idea...

PQI Faithelss Goblin Bloodmage in Havendale Bridge Went hoarder as well. I had a Dragon Soul in the backpack, so I picked it up. It's really good on a BM. Fireballed a lvl 3 Druid to start things off, fieballed the Troll, fireballed somethign a bunch of levels above me, fireballed the Firstborn (whoopaz and dodge), fireballed Zin Kibaru, and fireballed something lvl9 to get to something. Had a lot of blackspace left over.

PQI Purist Goblin Tinker in Hex Ruins - Went Warmonger as I was missing it. Found GG, and he won it for me. Absolution everything and enlightment. And when I say everything I mean everything. I drank a health potion here and there...

PQI Warmonger Dwarf Warlord in Hobbler's Went parched as well. Found GG right at the entrance, absovlved everything, and took 2 hits of "Protection" for the boss at lvl 5ish. Hobblers, I know, but still - a parched warmonger warlord is the same as a guard.

PQI Warmonger Dwarf Warlord in HHoS Also went parched. Prepped GG this time to ease on the scumming. So technicaly, you can take a dwarven guard and GG and beat at least HHoS. Medusa was the other boss, but in this case she's not the easies you can get due to orb and actualy sort of working against this... strat.

PQI Warmonger Dwarf Paladin in Slime Pits didn't go parched or purist, but picked up a Dragonshield and extra attack. Then went GG, absolved everything, went enlightment, converted everything and killed SMM and the Goo Blob.

Noticed I wonder if there are more options for Warmongering than Taurog and GG. Also more reason for warmongering as such.

PQI Warmonger Dwarf Assasin in Berserker Camp Went Faithless as well, was missing the badge. Felt like I need Namtars ward and all 3 whoopases, ended up forgetting the original Whoopas, which would've been needed if Mas09 ledger didn't help a lot with conserving blackspace. APHEELSICK working out for me, I'm not too ambitios with level spread when leveling.

PQI Faithless Halfling Crusader in Western Jungle Trisword ofc, wasn't too hard. Still don't like the first ability one bit. Whish it was identical to body pact. Anyway, I'm not sure I didin't have all the badges here, but it's telling that I only had, like, 5 class completions. Eastern Tundra had 100% before Venture Cave, I think.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons