[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - World Records

World Records

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: World Records

Postby q 3 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:15 am

Double posting for a new most wasted tiles record. This one is completely dependent on which subdungeons etc. you get. Too easy to game, albeit with too much scumming. (I forgot to skip the mana boosts until right before a level up. Weirdly, those increase max but not current MP, but health boosts do fill your HP automatically.)

I was thinking that Namtar's Lair likely offers more tiles to waste, but between the thick walls and the lifestealing shades, you might end up regenerating more than you waste. Although those huge underworld floors could make the difference. Anyway, I'm sure this is far from the absolute maximum.
q 3

Postby Nurator on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am

Nice one :) Did you have a Lemmisi in the underground?^^ But there are still possibilities left! Or are all vets satisfied? ;-)
Nurator

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

World record for bonus experience, total experience on non-Gaan Telet, and close to the theoretical maximum.

I almost rage quit when I accidentally killed that goblin but in the end I decided to pretend that it was my Persian flaw. Scummed for ENDISWAL and then killed the monsters in reverse order. Tikki Tooki was on the field. I was afraid to waste resources on him because this was hard enough to set up as it was, but in the end I decided to man up and convert to him. I'll never get such a perfect storm again. Took two hits of Learning right away and ended up getting a third midway through the popcorn phase. I ended the game at exactly 100 piety, so I took a fourth hit just for fun.

I don't know if Learning xp counts towards the bonus points on the victory screen, but ENDISWAL xp certainly does. I found Pan's Labyrinth, which was perfect for me. I didn't need health, but really needed mana. I even deliberately hunted down the Hellbois because as zero-xp monsters they are the ideal IMAWAL target. Each one I bricked saved me 4 experience.

Here I am looking around amazed that it worked. I was terrified of dying to the goblin itch so I took it very slowly.

Here I am right before departing. From here we can calculate the total xp I earned and see if the Learning bonus got counted or not.

EDIT: 391 total experience. 153 monster levels. Does anyone know the exact formula for bonus xp? After the change it was never documented.

EDIT AGAIN: Did some experiments, and Learning does get counted as bonus xp on the score screen. I'd still like to know how much of my xp was from Learning, how much was IMAWAL, and how much was natural. The only way to beat this would be with a Fighter and a similar perfect storm scenario, but I don't think that the Fighter has the leverage to do it.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I accidentally killed a first level goblin during the set up phase. Not a huge deal, but makes the victory screen less awesome and cost me a bit of Learning xp in the end.

Persian carpet makers would deliberately miss a single stitch in their masterpieces as an acknowledgment that true perfection is not obtainable by man. This 'mistake' is called the Persian flaw.

I did find WONAFYT, but converted it. I needed everything to get that boss kill. It was extremely close.
Sidestepper

Postby q 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm

q 3

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Huh. The front page is badly out of date.

I didn't now that Goblin conversion counted as well. I'm declaring the record or the highest non-Goblin bonus :)
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons