[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unity Crashing

Unity Crashing

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unity Crashing

Postby Deadman on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Everytime I start the sludge mines as an orc thief Unity is crashing.
Tried multiple race/class combinations that have worked fine. Different races as thieves works, different orc classes works. Being an orc thief in a different area works.
But Orc thief in Sludge Mines is always a crash. Either the first click once the map is loaded, or the second.
I've kept the log thingy up since I wasn't sure if you wanted the error.log crash.dmp manager log file or log file #1
Deadman

Re: Unity Crashing

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 am

dislekcia

Postby Deadman on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am

EDIT: I was going to post each log, but due to character limits that's not going to happen, so I'll upload texts to dropbox instead

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27689311/Deskto ... 20dump.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27689311/Deskto ... %20Log.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27689311/Deskto ... friend.rtf
Deadman

Postby Blunglin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:05 am

How do I bring up the log?
Blunglin

Postby Deadman on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 am

On mine Unity popped up and said something like "Unity has crashed! Send an error?" and had a button for each log that I then copy/pasted into a text file.
Deadman

Postby zeemeerman2 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm experiencing also Unity crashes, while not even loading the main menu of Desktop Dungeons.

Some information:

This is the Unity loading screen. The black bar will keep loading till the bar is fully... uh, full. 100% loaded. Then the problems start.

This is my Dock, focused on Activity Monitor. (Task Manager if you prefer to call it)
- Green is free RAM
- Blue is inactive RAM (RAM used by applications while idle, etc... to increase performance when getting used again, but can be used if there is no free RAM anymore)
- Yellow is active RAM (RAM used by appications)
- Red is wired RAM (which leads me to believe that this is the part that the system itself needs)
At this point, actions like taking a screenshot is very hard and the system doesn't respond well. My hard disk (?) (Or another part of my Macbook that makes cracky noises) can be heard.

After a minute or so, this screen comes. The system starts responding again, RAM is made free and Unity is crashed. Taking screenshots is easy again.

My system:
Macbook (white), early 2008
- 2.1 GHz Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB DDR2 RAM
- Intel GMA X3100

My webbrowser:
- Aurora 7.0a2 (basically Firefox 7 alpha)
zeemeerman2

Return to Desktop Dungeons