[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Munchkin Time

Munchkin Time

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Munchkin Time

Postby q 3 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 am

Is it possible to reduce your effective damage to 0? Get knockback and enough damage reduction to take no damage yourself, then just keep smacking a monster into an IMAWAL wall to fuel Rock Heart, instead of casting PISORF. You lose the Fire Heart charge but are spending far less mana.

Also, if you can figure out a way to reduce your max mana, even by 1, you can turn the Transmuter's mana drain into a full MP restore on every conversion. Spirit Sword doesn't activate if your existing bonus is higher than you'd get from your current max MP, but you still get the mana refresh. So, e.g., do one conversion then take Wereward, which would actually kill both of these birds with one boon - and you could also desecrate/anger Taurog to get your damage down.

EDIT: Now that I actually think it through, the knockback thing wouldn't work at all with Spirit Sword, so you could only do one or the other of these. Also, the Bear Mace still hits Goo Blobs for 1 damage into a wall at 5 base damage, so I'm not sure if the knockback thing is even feasible.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Darvin

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Okay, I just did a run and the only thing missing was IMAWAL. This is a totally workable infinite fireball build. It doesn't even require too much outlandish scumming. I'll be back later to see if I can get the finished product online (took me ages to scum for Rock Heart to locker the little bugger).

These are the ingredients for our latest blend of cheese. It's definitely possible to come up with different variations of this:

* wizard is the required class
* you need the Rock Heart
* you need a sufficiently weak monster with the weakening property
* you need Taurog
* you need some source of knockback
* you need BURNDAYRAZ, IMAWAL and BLUDTUPOWA

Locker preparation is Rock Heart. No thief den preparations are necessary. From the church, if the dungeon has weakening monsters you should prep Taurog. If it does not have weakening monsters, then prep 4-altar and scum for both Taurog and Tikki Tooki. Take the extra glyphs prep from the mage tower, and the bear mace from the blacksmith.

Once in dungeon, join Taurog's religion and convert some glyphs to purchase his shield for +5 DR. Now go cast glyphs to get Taurog to punish you and take your attack bonus into the negatives (any negative number will do). Convert out of his religion ASAP to avoid further punishment, since he also raises monster magic resistances. Now go attack some weakening monster to bring your base attack to 1 point. You will need to repeat this process every time you level up, so ensure you keep a weakener around. Congrats, you now deal 0 damage on attack and 0 damage on knockback. When attacking a monster that deals less than 5 damage you also take no damage thanks to Taurog's shield. Using IMAWAL you can create a wall, then bash a monster into it. This costs you 1 MP to create the wall and earns you 1 MP and 1 HP per level from the Rock Heart. Nothing takes damage from this exchange so it can be repeated infinitely. With BLUDTUPOWA, infinite healing capabilities means infinite mana capabilities.

Congrats q3, this is a totally workable infinite fireball machine.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Ah, in that case I see...

What needs to be scummed for again? And does it work in vicious Gaan'Telet? Because I think I allready beat everything else the old fashioned way with the Wizard, at least all VICIOUS stuff...
Lujo

Postby q 3 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

q 3

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Lujo