[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Mystic Balance: is 7 mana CYDSTEPP too good?

Mystic Balance: is 7 mana CYDSTEPP too good?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Mystic Balance: is 7 mana CYDSTEPP too good?

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

Someone suggested to lower Mystic Balance average to 4 mana. I liked that idea. But this does buff BURNDARAZ too heavily.

So what if, instead of a flat 2 mana, Mystic Balance adjusted glyphs by 30% of their cost to an average of 4? This would result in all glyphs being adjusted by 1 mana more or less (if I'm right about the way DD's rounding works) except for WEYTWUT which would be reduced by 2, and CYDSTEPP which would be reduced by 3.

The reason I like this idea a lot is that Mystic Balance is currently heavily biased toward fireball-centric strategies. However, following this suggestion would leave BURNDARAZ, ENDISWALL and WEYTWUT exactly the same as if you used Mystic Balance currently. IMAWAL and APHEELSIK end up reduced by 1. LEMMISI, and BYSSEPS and GETINDARE would be increased by 1 mana instead of 2 and CYDSTEPP would be reduced by 3 instead of 2. These all seem like balanced adjustments to me, except for CYDSTEPP.

So the question is: is 7 mana CYDSTEPP too good?
FDru

Re: Mystic Balance: is 7 mana CYDSTEPP too good?

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't know about some of the others, like 3 mp PISORF, but I suppose a wizard gets that anyways.

As for CYDSTEPP, that's probably a bit too strong for Warlords.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Potion wise, maybe. It all depends on how much mana and potions you can get. It would at least make it easier to get the 1 potion=1 CYDSTEPP.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 pm

I've suggested making a difference between the CYDSTEP Warlord's using and the CYDSTEPP everyone else is using, but I don't think Warlord would be hurt too badly if Mystic balance didn't work on his Cydstep - he's good enough without optimizing, and you can do stuff with the Naga Cauldron to pretty much the same effect (right now you can combine them for even sillier effect).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

Taking away mystic balance from Warlord CYDSTEPP would make Mystera kinda useless for the class. I do agree that 7 MP CYDSTEPP would be too much for the Warlord, but for everyone else it probably wouldn't even be an issue at 6.

I do like the idea, and feel it's definitely along the right lines. There simply are not enough glyphs that cost 6 or more MP, and I feel finding some change to make Mystic Balance affect the 5 MP glyphs is necessary to make it both more interesting and more reasonably balanced for its current cost.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Change it to 25% and you get the same effects but CYDSTEP now costs 8.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Gavster on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Mystera could use improving at least one of her boons. I never use weakness or flames. I only pick her to stop other god punishments or to build up piety for other Gods.
Gavster

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons