[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hint on Binlor:Harder, Faster, Stronger

Hint on Binlor:Harder, Faster, Stronger

All things Desktop Dungeons

Hint on Binlor:Harder, Faster, Stronger

Postby huntsfromshadow on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 am

So I've tried every combination I can think of.

Can someone give me a hint on how to solve the Binlor #2 puzzle (Harder Faster Stronger)

Thanks
huntsfromshadow

Re: Hint on Binlor:Harder, Faster, Stronger

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 am

You use two boons. The goos resist at the end (when you land the killing blow) will be 39%.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am

EDIT: oops wrong thread sorry
Sidestepper

Postby salvadorzombie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:09 am

Avatar - your "answer" doesn't help at all. The only info you've given is "two boons" and that the resist of the last monster would be 39%. First, Which two? And do we use the spell to hit them into the walls for more Piety? I've gotten extra Piety more ways than one, I've tried many ways, and I can't kill the last monster. And I've NEVER seen a resist of 39%, I can get it down to 40% with the two boons (whichever one lessens enemy resists by 5% each time). Instead of saving about 30 seconds by leaving out crucial info, how about adding that and saving people a LOT of time with your useless answer?
salvadorzombie

Postby salvadorzombie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 am

I have an ACTUAL solution to this:

1) Hit the monster you can reach (not the goo/slime, obviously) with your spell when you're to its NE (up and to the right of it), so you hit it down and to the left. Then use the spell to hit it from directly above, knocking it directly downward. Now you'll have 25 Piety.

2) Use your Piety two buy Stone Heart and Stone Skin. This will reduce the slime's resistance to physical damage to 45% and increase your damage resistance. The side effect of buying the boons removes stone tiles, exposing the slime to you.

3) Physically hit the slime once, then physically hit the other monster and kill it, resetting your HP and MP.

4) Now you can hit the slime twice physically, and knock the slime through walls twice with your spell. Be sure to attack it from angles that will knock it through stone tiles, doing additional damage. This will let you BARELY win. Congrats!
salvadorzombie

Postby flap on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am

flap

Return to Desktop Dungeons