Namtar's Lair and Naga City

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Namtar's Lair and Naga City

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am

That the potions are really awesome is true. But i thought for the Rogue the +10% is better. Especially couple with the lifesteal. Against SSM i needed to regen with less then a handful of blacktiles.
But for the Assassin, i'll keep this in mind. Don't know if for him 10% Dodge would be really helpful, could be better, to nuke one of the other bosses with an alpha strike to hell...
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 am

No, no, what I ment is - Dodge absolutely, but if you have the piety for it - the potions can do serious harm. It's probably viable later when you pick up gold from killing a wave bosses for either tribute or desecrations. Especially if you picked up knockback somewhere. No need to force it though - if you can pull it off than it's fine.

Some time ago I used to rely on 2-3 sets of potions to deal with Bleaty (he could spawn in there), the warlock (high damage low health) and thomithy (who had -15% res on hit, and otherwise nasty debuffs). I remember people dreading those but because of this manouver I never had problems with them. The situation might've changed though, and that might not be the most efficent way of going about things (especialy now that Bleaty doesn't spawn).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am

Ah... ok. Couldn't pull this of. Used Consensus to get enough piety for going Drac. Converted CYPPSTEP and one or two health pots, to get the Blood Shield and Lifesteal. But couldn't really farm piety, to convert back to TT. But will keep this in mind.

Next start i want to try is a PISSORF wizard. The arena should be nice for this glyph, since the bosses are adjacent to each other. Probably going gnome for the mana pots, and JJ for more mana. Preped item i have no idea:
Trisword: More damage (but think the lower to are better)
Cauldron: For better pots, with corrosion and weakening from JJ pots would give 60%
Crystal Ball: In the arena one doesn't have gold problems, and PISSORF is a cheap glyph.
In the arena, i would go Mystera for even more Mana and the glyph conversion for mana boon.
Someone seeing any flaws in this setup?
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

Well, only that you have to scum for those. My first win on this playthrough was with a PISSORFF Orc Wizard, but I guess a Tri-Sword wielding Gnome could do it. Save Burndayraz for the Goo, make sure you explore on both sides of the wave so you can first slam one guy into the middle boss, then the other and get a free boss kill out of it. (with obvious adjustments for particular spawns).

However, you'll need tons of gold with the new crystal ball, so having both it and the Tri-Sword migh end up, pardon the pun, costing you the game. If you can make a swap to Mysterea for Refreshment and loads and loads of effortless piety it might work.

If you have BURNDAYRAZ, save it for the goo, and hanging onto APHEELSICK untill SMM would probably be a good move.
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

With the three items i meant which to prep. What i find in the dungeon would be another matter, but i don't think, that i would use more then one item which cost constantly gold.
In the above Rogue run i found a Trisword, but didn't bought it (inventory space, needed gold for vampire blade..., but mainly the gold issue)
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, the ball and the sword will work provided enough cash as long as you can find PISSORFF. Not sure about the cauldron (it's best on health guys and warlords, not too sure about wizards).
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons