[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class preps

Class preps

All things Desktop Dungeons

Class preps

Postby Blovski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, this is sort of intended as a fun rather than a contentious balance balance discussion but it'll be interesting to see how widely spread across the classes certain items are. So, basically, for whatever class - in your view - what's the strongest locker prep and what's your favourite (throw in gods as well if you like)?

So, to start off

Still got a soft spot for the GG Paladin with Fire Heart (aka the healthmonster) just because it was nice finding something for dwarves to do. I think that's still the strongest Paladin build on two of the vicious dungeons at the moment.

Rogues... the triswording GG rogue remains the monster of monsters... I tend to enjoy Jehora and TT rogues a bit more.

Assassins... one suspects that the old high-rolling crystal-baller might be the strongest. Not sure if the latest nerf might tip the balance back towards Mystera + Mage Plate. Anyway, my popcorn-cruncher of choice at the moment is Whurgarbl. Synergy with fireballing, synergy with new poison.

Gorgon... dragon shield binlor is THE (maybe even the only - Mystera's not bad but not great either) vicious gorgon build until someone can prove me wrong on that. She's a bit of a muddle with god synergies otherwise. I enjoy running around with Taurog. Going to need to try a Whurgarbl/Mystera gorgon.
Blovski

Re: Class preps

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I tend to prefer Dwarven Gauntlets for my Rogue and Whurgarbl for my Gorgon.

Most everything else gets either Trisword or Dragon Shield, with the occasional use of Platemail.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Well, for Vampires and general buyouts I go Fabulous Treasure, except if hoarder in which case I go Balanced Dagger.

If I'm cheezing with anything, but particularly Rogues I go Namtar's Ward.

Crystal Ball for all casters. Mysterea on anything where the boss has magic resists. Otherwise Binlor for when I need PISSORF.

Mage Fist for gnome/elf monks and priests, alongside mysterea.

Cauldron + Mysterea/JJ and RBS for warlords.

I've yet to lose a run with GG -> absove everything, but I generally take it on warmongers. It wins parched warmonger warlord runs on it's own.

EDIT: If Dragon Soul on Bloodmages if it's in the backpack, and if I feel like really cheezing hard then Blue Bead if it's in the backpack.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Darvin

Postby Blovski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Blovski

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

If anyone cared to check my volumionus "cheeze pantry" post in the playthrough notes, you might notice that I resorted to simply making anything an "absolve everything" healthmonster whenever the PQI brought up Warmonger, Parched or Miser with a screwy combo (and many other times). Sometimes without enlightment, often with other badges.

Doing it with a paladin and a few preps was probably good enough to beat even vicious.

But absolution's been nerfed nicely, so I don't know how broken this is ATM. It's probably still really strong.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Darvin

Postby Blovski on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Human's still pretty decent at it - tend to find with the 100% HP restores you get from Fire Heart going dwarf will give you 3 extra attacks rather than 2/use, and hitting higher level enemies makes a difference. If I wasn't taking in Fire Heart I'd go human, I think (Halpme's not really an HP-spiker thing but it's pretty useful if your %-based heals put you on the margin of taking an extra hit).
Blovski

Return to Desktop Dungeons