Combat log

All things Desktop Dungeons

Combat log

Postby q 3 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 am

Often I'd like to review what happened in the most recent round of combat, either to verify damage amounts or to see what just happened - especially with things like death protection, dodge, and counterattacks, the icons and numbers often go by too quickly to see. Something similar to the Service Log for piety, either as another tab or even combined with the existing log, would be very much appreciated. E.g., "Player attacks Warlock for 14 damage! Warlock attacks but Player dodges! Player attacks Warlock for 14 damage! Warlock attacks for 30 damage! Player is lucky to have survived such a blow!"
q 3

Re: Combat log

Postby codobus on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 am

I really like this idea, earlier I was using a human monk, and was killing enemies when the preview showed them barely surviving. Being able to see exactly what happened would be extremely useful.
codobus

Postby Wargizmo on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:32 am

I second this idea... was just thinking about this today when I was trying to figure out whether the -5 reduction from shields was added before or after the % based reduction from class traits and certain items.
Wargizmo

Postby flap on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:14 am

Agreed, the "dodge" discussion led to think that such a feature could be useful.
flap

Return to Desktop Dungeons