[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rambling

Rambling

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Rambling

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 am

There are probably many ways to swap around content, rewards and avenues really easily to make the end game more satisfying, and to make it much more obvious where the 'game' ends and the 'endgame' begins.

All the elements are there, it's just that they are in awkward places due to the fact that the game is still in development.

It's not that I wish to lose any vicious content, or even change the difficulty of those dungeons; just have them removed from the economy and system which drives the rest of the game.

Make it really obvious that Vicious is all about seeing how far you can push and twink a character, rather than being the next natural step. Kind of making them the optional, crazy bosses rather than the proper 'final boss', like the materia monsters in FF7 (if anyone remembers those :)
Bloggorus

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 am

Ruby Weapon was a real bitch and totally RNG dependent. Emerald wasn't a whole lot better. I usually just used Cait Sith's limit break to insta-kill them because there was no reliable strategy and some of the most useful strategies required waiting around watching ridiculously long summon animations (like Knights of the Round).

Though I would be a liar if I didn't say it was enjoyable to kill them eventually :mrgreen:
FDru

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 am

Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:08 am

Bloggorus

Postby Gavster on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 am

My main peev being more casual than the vets is I find a strategy that works and its nerfed the next time I play. :p
Poison is now for when I can't find any other decent spell or assassin only.
Getindare is more on par with fireball now. I do miss dodge prep.
Tightening up all the dungeons with choke points frustrates me. it ruins most of the freedom of how id approach a map - because someone was prepping up and stomping a boss from round 1 in normal dungeons? It would require a lot of preparation and probably lots of restarts.
Vicious gain telet is impossible with most classes/strategies it seems.

When a successful strategy is found, its nerfed. Some are nerfed at a decent level, which the devs are good at balancing yet some are aggravating.
Gavster

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 am

Quick question; do the nerfs mean you find it hard to finish Vicious or Hard maps?
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 am

On the topic of class challenges: Bronze are about Hobbler's Hold difficulty, Silver's are hard difficulty, and golds range between hard and vicious (maybe vicious vicious for a few). If vicious should be less accessible, then these DEFINATELY need to be addressed.

Slightly off topic (although the title is rambling, so maybe not so off-topic): We have such a wide range of skills, and I'm not quite sure what makes me any better or worse than other high skill players. We both understand gods, items, how to play effectively, conserve resources, etc. So why does vicious cause others so much trouble? Experience? Preplanned strategy? Resourcefulness? I'm not sure, andI'm curious what others think.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby ChasGB on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 am

ChasGB

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 am

FDru

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 am

Last edited by Lujo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons