[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

Postby Murdus on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Murdus

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 am

I'll just say this. I don't see this as an issue of escalation. The power creep is already here. Because switching lockers is such a pain, people already only stock it with the most efficient and powerful items available. Having the freedom to experiment with a Bloody Sigil prep isn't exactly going to cause a power spiral.

And like I said in the first post, we already have a functionally unlimited locker, it just costs 10-20 minutes of real time to access. I don't really buy into the slippery slope argument that having a hassle-free inventory system will open the door for anything other than a hassle-free inventory system.
Sidestepper

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:10 am

The devs are REALLY committed to the locker idea, i read somewhere it was in the gameplan from day one.

I get the slippery slope argument, because so much of the in-game economy (which plays a large role in controlling the game's pace) is tied to the locker.

The idea is that when you find something new, you locker it and play around with it until something shinier replaces it.

Trouble is we have all hit endgame. Really defining that endgame, and removing it from the regular economy, is the way to go.
Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:11 am

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 am

Agreed. I'm so packed up with power items and vicious rewards I don't have time or space for quick and fun experiments. Honestly, it took me 20 minutes to get the piercing wand.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 am

booooooze

Postby FDru on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 am

FDru

Postby Aequitas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 am

Did the backpack stop working?
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 am

Its not really about what you keep in your locker, its how you have to keep going over the same thing every time i want something in there. Twenty minutes of labour to get the item then another twenty to get your old favourite back again when you are finished flaffing around.

Yeah, it works really well the first few times. But after you have unlocked everything, you don't want to jump through hoops to use something. Its the equivalent of walking twenty minutes to talk to someone instead of picking up a phone. Unless its really important, i don't have the time. I still miss talking to my friend though.
Bloggorus

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons