[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dwarves. Just dwarves. Or Dwarfs.

Dwarves. Just dwarves. Or Dwarfs.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dwarves. Just dwarves. Or Dwarfs.

Postby q 3 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

I know I've posted this before, but I do think that stacking HP conversions would be a significant improvement. (E.g., 1+1 HP per 60 CP). It enables some power gaming strategies at a low level (probably not even as powerful as the silliness that an Orc can do, but useful enough to be worth using) and provides an outlet for crazy CP-acquiring strategies (but massive amounts of HP aren't nearly as potent as massive amounts of damage, so there's far less risk of breaking the game as there was with the old Orc). It would actually also be noticeably weaker at high levels versus level-based HP, so it's not even a straight buff.
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Making the boost just a flat +10 health would work too. You get the same overall bonus at level 10, but you get more front loaded power (like an Orc).

Alternatively, lowering their CP threshold a bit more would be nice.

And if we're feeling really crazy, give them a full heal when they pass their conversion threshold!
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Why the intricate solutions, just slash other class bonuses in half. Instant balance! ;)
paplaukes

Postby Darvin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 pm

paplaukes

Postby gjaustin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 pm

gjaustin

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

About the only thing I use Dwarves for is that they're VERY consistent Rogues.

Something like an Orc Rogue may be stronger if you pick up key gear like GG or Cyddstep but if you don't get any of those before you reach the boss you're going to be like "Well crap."

I wouldn't use them otherwise. They have a niche which isn't supported much (Max HP %-based health restoration) and they REALLY aggravate the whole resource management thing without compensating with enough benefits (Elf is another race that aggravates resource management, but max MP is a better reward and more supported by items IMO)
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

The obviously dwarf run PQI was not amused by my sarcasm and has decided to send a dwarven warlord to teach me a lesson! You don't wan't dwarven assassins everywhere? You get Dwarven Warlords! In a place where you have a warlord, but don't have an assassin, on top of 75% completion! :lol:

And when you're done we'll send you in there with a Dwarf Assassin, because are there any other kind? :lol: (Well, to be fair I've been getting some halfling assasins, too. :) And as long as the badge is reasonable, dwarf assassins aren't even that bad - I'm just incredibly tired of them.)

Kids, seriously, take whatever you have lockered out of the locker, put a platemail, fire heart, a bloody sigil and a keg of health in there, then play your platemail dwarf fighters and assasin for the dings, your fire heart dwarven paladins and priests for the regen, your dwarven tinkers for hobbler's badges and your dwarf monks and bloodmages because theyre pretty worthwhile. Prep drac a bunch, can't hurt depending on when you join him. Otherwise dwarfs will take over your PQI and give you PTSD.
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons