[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Design post on the blog!

Design post on the blog!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Design post on the blog!

Postby Galefury on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 am

Galefury

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 am

I'll do this for fun. I'll make a vid of me scumming for items to relocker, while I enumerate things I could be doing instead, starting with in game stuff, and moving on to RL stuff. If the average person isn't expected to watch an hour long vid, or half an hour log vid to learn something - how in the world do you expect an average player to spend MORE than that trying to re-locker something? Heck, I can beat NL blindfolded, but it would take me more time to relocker NW then it takes you to read a decent textwall - except noone's making you do that, and you ARE making me, and anonye stupid enough to ever unlocker a vicious reward, do this.

Do you understand this? If not, I'll make you a vid. And if you don't watch it because you don't have the time - I WIN. And I don't want to win, and there isn't even an argument to be won... -.-

EDIT: I was wrong. I'm sorry. I "win" if you don't do the following - EVERY TIME you want to test something, or try something out, give yourself an item in debug mode - and then go watch that vid while twiddling your thumbs. If you don't do this - I win. Noone has to discuss it, you don't have to do anything about it, except the question of whether what you are saying makes enough sense is resolved once and for all. And you can ask the whole internet about it.
Last edited by Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 am

Lujo, The devs have stated that they don't consider ANYONE who is worrying about relockering items to be "an average player" they have already moved beyond the average player's struggles.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

And that makes no sense either - because as I've said this affects people throughout the playthrough. That's another thing they are wrong about. I'm 100% certain that my PQI wouldn't be full of dwarves if the entire thing worked this way from the get go. It hurts average players more than post-game players, except the post game players can really see how deep and ridiculous it gets.

Again, this goes for everyone, not just the devs. I'll make you a vid, and every time you want to take something into your locker after taking it out of your locker once before, go watch the completely senseless and meaningless video - what you are supposed to do equates in time-loss quality. Turn the sound down, make you own list of things you could/should be doing while you sit there and do somethign completely pointless and recite it to yourself.

And I don't even have to make you a vid - next time you consider removing the NW from your inventory, load up my wizard run first, then my bloodmage run, and after seeing how long it will probably take you to relocker that thing take good long look at it and ask yourself are you willing to do that every time.
Last edited by Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 am

6 Locker slots did not effect my playthrough. At no point did I feel limited. In fact most of the time I wasn't using them. I am starting to do vicious and I am barely using them. Locker slot limits is a 1st world(veteran) problem.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 am

Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 am

That's not productive. It's also rude.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am

Yes, yes it is, but I'm speechless. But what you're saying is wrong, except you're not in a position to know how much you don't know. And having it one way or another wouldn't affect you -.-
Lujo

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:58 am

Yes and apparently only a very small percentage are in a position to have that effect them. Hence, 1st world problem.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 am

Which is why all the stuff the devs ARE working on, about the learnign curve, snuck into the other thread. The point of my video truism, and it is undisputable, isn't about whether anything gets done - it's about whether they are looking at this the wrong way and misunderstanding us. Beuse a whole lot of people who generally like them and their game went out of their way to try to make them see something that's pretty obvious, yet their response is that blog post. Which is one big "completely missing the point". I don't care if they do anything about it - it's their game, their sales, their reception, their career. Maybe noone realy likes their game well enough to play beyond the purist hard GT run? But in case anyone DOES, he'll run into that, and be asked of the game, and their makers, to do what I describe. They cant prove their argument is right, but they can do what they want. I can't do anything, but I can at least put a nice tombstone on this whole discussion by proving that what the majority of this focus group was telling them was right and a legit complaint.

So we can all get on with our lives and see the next phase of development.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons