[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The horse is not quite dead: Locker space and fun

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 pm

dislekcia

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm

gjaustin

Postby booooooze on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:05 pm

@dislekcia I don't really have a problem with the current system. Wouldn't mind if the bonus locker slots were a little cheaper, but whatever. I just did a run of BM silver to test your point... bit of a challenge; took two tries (last I did it, BM wasn't restricted to 7 mana to start). Not as fresh in my mind as the vicious dungeons, and I suspect that would hold true for many silvers. But I think the point is fair: if you want a specific quest item or vicious reward, go get it.

There is a slight issue with dev logic when it comes to consumable items. You can't really experiment with Zot, for example, without scumming for it, but there aren't a lot of them, so it's not that big of a deal.
booooooze

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 pm

dislekcia

Postby OneMoreNameless on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 am

OneMoreNameless

Postby booooooze on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am

booooooze

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Well if you repurpose the bronze challenges to drop the relevent thing after a player has completed the gold challenge, you'd give us a way to easily access 12 items at least, in a non-scumming fashion. If it allready works that way, make a note of making it more clear because one of the guys who's spent the most time playing the game wasn't aware of it, hasn't made the connection and has never found a reason to replay a challenge after being done with it (short of litterly forcing myself by making a new profile). One of the few things I've tinker-scummed for on this profile are the viper ward and soul orb - it never occured to me to redo the puzzles, as the entire concept of the way the locker works had been something that in my head "had no chance of surviving beta testing". Litteraly.

Heck, I even had a thought of replaying a challenge for explicit testing purposes here and there, but could never justify the time investment compared to picking any of the million other runs and shrugged it of uneasily as "volunteer work can only get them so much".

Not to mention that the prospect of having to go through all the challenges again is probably the no.1 reason a bunch of other vets haven't made new profiles in ages. Top 5 at least.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 pm

I'll give the question a shot.

If I wasn't in a mood to experiment I'd likely ignore the merchant item.
If I was, it's likely I wouldn't be happy with either the items rolled or gold sink to reach the ones I have in mind.
But damn gambling is addictive... :) I'd reroll just for the heck of it sometimes.
paplaukes

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons