[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bring on the Pretty

Bring on the Pretty

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bring on the Pretty

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:06 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Well true, they might even be working as intended.

Anyway, hit Ick, it's now a non-issue, allthough it seemed pretty easy to me before. Other people were complaining, so they sort of make sense, except they really work too well right now as far as I'm, subjectively, concerned. Still, having vetoed the +10 HP pendant, I'm glad they're there, small and all that...
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, maybe four dungeons where they're venturing from quite to very useful, right? And a subdungeon or two, but that's not very reliable. Doesn't seem too powerful to me: I mean, for that prep slot or 25ish gold you could have a crystal ball or Dwarven Gauntlets or something, so you're sacrificing quite a lot of raw power as well as free inventory use for maneouvreability (I hate that word... no clue if I know how to spell it).

I mean, I didn't have a problem personally with Ick before but it's a nice interaction.
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Gnome Warlord Trisword MA Naga City. Kapow.

I ended up going down to the wire and buying out the bottom because of bad play (spending death protections before using up all my health etc) but still... got Elven Boots from an elite items prep, which was lucky, and didn't manage to leverage Refreshment at all. If anything, the biggest problem with that map for a gnomelord is topside... horrible dearth of acceptable targets. I really like the reduced potion number... actually means a trade-off or two now. Incidentally, I used alchemists pact to level a lot below. No clue if it matches up to the crystal ball of death. Sooo... it works OKish for them. Halfling priests seem like the second most obvious candidate...
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 am

And straight up crushed DL with that... tons of resources left, grabbed unstoppable even with those cultists and demonic armour afterwards - I swear the topside bosses used to have twice that much health. Took out a boss at level 4 without using potions. Anyway, that dungeon's much improved and much easier now. Saved up Whupaz, Reflex, Dodge for avatar. Still had reflex and dodge afterwards : p

Oooh Avatar's Codex is now a thing I have : ) looks like a beast.

Anyway, even going for +mana instead of +attack (played conservative because elven boots only almost always turn up with elite items prep :p), new trisword was still contributing a healthy portion of my damage when it counted. Dunno if that's just a comment on warlords being better than I remembered them being but I think gnomes are really fine atm with the new trisword, which is none too shabby itself (the 60% power differential on the fine sword well worth it).
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 am

Warlords happen to be the best class for DL, which was nerfed so the top floor guys have less hp. Good job though. The codex is a cool item.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:25 am

Darvin

Postby Blovski on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 am

Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:48 am

Lujo