[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Design post on the blog!

Design post on the blog!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Design post on the blog!

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:02 am

Well, what does the data say? Maybe I'm wrong, or have worded it wrong, but as far as "intangibles feedback" goes, I believe (based on personal expirience, what I keep hearin from other people indirectly, and based on constant points of conflict in various discussions), that avoiding the risk of investing too much real time is a big constant. Even when it doesn't look like that at first.

The big deal not being investing vast ammounts of time, obviously, but allocation of the time invested, ofc. Otherwise I wouldn't have 75% completion in 20 dungeons on my 3rd playthrough :lol: That resulted from mostly doing what I want to do when I load up DD.

EDIT: And as far as shifting the focus from number crunching into "expirience" feedback - you got a lot of that lately. All of this mess IS that.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:24 pm

You know, one thing I seem to be getting out of the locker "issue" was that it seems like the Dev really wanted the locker system to be DD's equivalent of most RPG's "skill specialization system", so to speak. The one where you put skill points into skills to define your character.

Not as "hard" a spec system like Diablo 2 since you can "re-spec" by finding a new item to replace a slot in your locker but annoying the player through a time cost is part of the "balancing" factor if you see it as a spec system.

That being said, it's hard to visualize items as something "permanent". If it was visualized as "research plans" or whatever... but "put item in locker" tends not to portray an action of permanence and is probably one of those gameplay/representation segregation thing.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 am

Cut.

25 Characters. sorry.
Last edited by Lujo on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:14 am

Getting really sick of anti-dev posts at the moment.

This is supposed to be a forum for discussions about the game between players.

If you cant keep in line Lujo i will support a ban. I suspect the devs reference to opinionated vets are aimed squarely at you, and i don't want to be lumped in with those connotations.
Bloggorus

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm

As long as you read the other ones before deleting them you didn't miss much. It was also rather short. And accurate. Unpleasant, yes, but accurate.

EDIT: Is there a way to delete posts that have a post after them? 'm interested in doing a bit of trimming of my post count.
Lujo

Postby Kuranes on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:25 pm

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Bloggorus

Postby harfatum on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I think people need to know exactly how to get items for re-lockering. Maybe this will be part of the codex. But I know I never unlockered some items that were particularly hard to get, because I didn't want to have to re-get them.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Kuranes on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 am

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons