[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Slow Visuals

Slow Visuals

All things Desktop Dungeons

Slow Visuals

Postby squirrelnest on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I've made this topic once before (months ago) and hope I won't offend anyone by restating the idea.

Slowed monsters should really have some kind of visual indication that does not require mouse over to see. A circle of stars or birds (loony toons style) could work, as could anything else. This would allow players to easily see if they are done casting wanna-fight-it or not.

As long as I'm giving my thoughts on that glyph, I'd also like to take a moment to mention how poorly it plays with Earth Mother. Once you've taken the tangle boon, the glyph that normally targets non-slowed monsters is on to just random ones. If wanna-fight-it could target non-revealed monsters over revealed ones, that glyph and god would get along a bit better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Weather you take my advice or not, its a rare opportunity to play a game with devs so involved in player feedback. Have a nice day.
squirrelnest

Re: Slow Visuals

Postby dislekcia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 am

The slow effect has been on my list of things to do for ages now, so I completely agree :) It'll probably be the first animation that we work on with our extra artist too.

I really like WONAFYT with the Earthmother, it means that I can really control which enemies I want to have moved around for very little mana: Just entangle everything and then fighting monsters that I can't quite kill in 1 hit becomes much more viable. With no other non-slowed targets, WONAFYT pulls the monster I just wailed on, turning it into a 5 mana GETINDARE that gives me extra xp ;)
dislekcia

Postby booooooze on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 am

Will WONAFYT summon monsters that are higher lvl than you if they're the only ones not slowed?
booooooze

Postby squirrelnest on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 am

squirrelnest

Postby dislekcia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 am

dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons