[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - lifesteal bug

lifesteal bug

Got a problem? Let us know!

lifesteal bug

Postby cx452 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am

Hello,
I recently encountered this situation:

I was playing a lvl 10 vampire with 12 levels of lifesteal. This should heal me for 120hp per hit.
I had 38% magic resist.
I attacked a mage monster that did 151 magic damage.
I had 1 level of corrosion.
I was not cursed.
I was at near full health as was the mage monster.

Without calculating the exact damage, the mage should be doing about 100 to me after all resistances are considered.
I should be healing 120. Therefore I should gain about 20 hp.
However the result of the combat was me taking about 20 damage, I cant remember exactly how much.
Why???

Also lifesteal seems kinda messed up in general, like sometimes you take damage instead of overhealing after a certain amount of hp, and when you kill something often the lifesteal doesnt happen at all. I dont know if this is intentional or not -there doesnt seem to be any information about how it works- but its certainly not intuitive and seems a bit broken.

Anyway could you please fix it or explain to me how it isnt broken so I can understand how to play it?
Thanks.
I love you guys.
cx452

Re: lifesteal bug

Postby dislekcia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

The lifesteal amount is a possible maximum, you need to actually do that damage in order to steal it. We're trying to figure out ways to make that more apparent with a custom lifesteal attack animation, hopefully that will help with some of the confusion.

Did the enemy have some kind of physical resistance? If your total attack output was lowered in any way, then you would only be able to steal that amount of health back.
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

FDru

Postby cx452 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Ahhhh so youre stealing life equal the amount of damage you do but capped at your lifesteal value times your level.
I get it now. Thanks for explaining.
cx452

Return to Support