[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Spacehack and DD

Spacehack and DD

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Spacehack and DD

Postby BludStanes on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 am

I'm STILL eagerly awaiting the finished release of Desktop Dungeons, I played the beta a lot roughtly 15 patches agoi or so, but I decided I'm just gonna wait for the full release and then sink my teeth in. All the additions and changes will be a cool surprise.

The real question I wanted to ask is, where the heck can I find a download or purchase link for Spacehack. It's right up my alley and looks amazing. Was it ever released in any form? Alpha or otherwise? Thanks for the help guys!
BludStanes

Re: Spacehack and DD

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Spacehack is still a game I really want to make... The old Dream Build Play versions don't even run anymore, due to all the XNA changes and 360 updates since we last worked on it. I do plan to come back to it and add all the neat elements we've thought up over the years. Thanks for making that more likely by saying you're interested in it :)
dislekcia

Postby BludStanes on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

Ooo dev response, it feels like I'm talking to a celebrity! :D

I love all kinds of roguelikes and I love space shooters. Put those together.... ohhh man. I don't think I'm the only one who would be investing, (not wasting, investing) huge chunks of my life playing Spacehack.
BludStanes

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 am

FDru

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 am

It will be. One day...

Interestingly enough, the original goal behind Spacehack was to see if I could design a short-form ARPG, because I just didn't have the time to devote to Diablo 2 and Titan Quest anymore, plus I wanted to make something that would work on a console because there weren't any ARPGs there at that point. The shmup elements came in because that made the most sense as a setting in which to make movement more interesting and action-focused than typical ARPG clickspam. The roguelike elements came in because I seem to turn everything I try to make into a roguelike-like in some form or another ;)

But yes. Spacehack will happen, the game still regularly makes me write stuff down for it.
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:42 pm

I was wondering why I couldn't download it. Well, I'm most definitely interested.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to General Discussion