Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:37 am

First strike is doing strange things. Encountered this in the Rogue Gold challenge. Killed me too.

Unless wall crushers make you slowed I had nothing on me to slow me down; bloody sigil and toll heart plus a few glyphs.

Worshiping binlor.
Bloggorus

Postby FDru on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 am

Bloggorus wrote:Worshiping binlor.

That looks normal to me, assuming you took the knockback boon. Knockback damage comes after your normal attack so only your total attack damage counts for the first strike.
FDru

Postby flap on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:07 pm

The regeneration bonus brought by "Bloody Sigil" is not taken in account when hovering over the heart. (I have a monk level 3, with a bloody sigil. And it says that I regenerate 6 per tile, while it is 7 in reality)
flap

Postby Naoya on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

After reaching level 10+ , the alchemists scroll stops to work. It's neither mentioned with the tooltip nor the scrolldescription itself.
Naoya

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

Bugs up to here logged.

Some have already been hotfixed, but not all... yet.
dislekcia

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 am

FDru wrote:
Bloggorus wrote:Worshiping binlor.

That looks normal to me, assuming you took the knockback boon. Knockback damage comes after your normal attack so only your total attack damage counts for the first strike.

Im confused. So having knockback at all removes first strike? If it only adds damage after you strike, i should still have gotten that first hit in to kill the monster.

The knockback damage would never have hit.
Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:48 am

Also the new ability to choose a trophy to take means you can retire a dungeon unintentionally.
Bloggorus

Postby Naoya on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Bloggorus wrote:Im confused. So having knockback at all removes first strike? If it only adds damage after you strike, i should still have gotten that first hit in to kill the monster.

The knockback damage would never have hit.

Actually, knockback doesn't come after your strike. It's tied to the enemys attack rather than yours; knockback gets triggered whenever you receive a hit. So even if you die, you will still knock an enemy back.
Now, in this case, you should have gotten in a hit first , get hit by the enemy, die, and knock it back, killing it.
So the combat prediction is right. I just tested that with a slowed lv 1 monster and a halfdragon.
Did the monster die? If not, thats weird. I guess the knockback of the monster messed it up somehow... though they really shouldn't interfere with each other.

It's funny how bugs make you learn the game mechianics.
Last edited by Naoya on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naoya

Postby flap on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Whenever changes are made to the Blacksmith (upgrade, or preparation allocated to a slot), the building can't be selected or highlighted anymore. We have to go to the world map and back to the kingdom to be able to select it again.
flap

Postby Ach Wheesht on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:48 pm

It's possible to get two venom daggers in the assassin gold challenge (You start with it and it appears in shops)
Ach Wheesht

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons