Assassin Gold

All things Desktop Dungeons

Assassin Gold

Postby Raz on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am

This one is giving me a bit of trouble.. Thought I had it figured out after the first try, but the boss keeps hiding behind spawned Lv10's which eventually wear me down (even with all the extra dings). Didn't get ENDISWAL on 2nd run- PISORF helped, but not a savior. Tried searching forums, but no luck. Have no strategy to go into a 3rd try with. I assume the BEZAR prep has something to do with it, but can't figure why. Any hints?
Raz

Re: Assassin Gold

Postby Naoya on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 am

One word : Dracul.

Seriously, he's all you need. That, and exploring all of the subdungeon so you get your firststrike.
Naoya

Postby FDru on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 am

WEYTWUT got me through that one. Swap level 10s into corners where they won't be a hinderance, and hope you get a little bit lucky... because if you get blocked by a level 10 on every spawn you will probably lose.
FDru

Postby Ach Wheesht on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:26 am

Specifically: You're looking to hit level 10 as early as possible so you can one shot the level 9 baddies that spawn whenever you hit the boss. Dracul blood tithe + hunger means you heal a ton of health every time you hit the boss :) Also, try to avoid exploring everywhere in the boss subdungeon straight away - more blackspace = more dead level 10 bandits = more bloodpools for when you actually face off against Draugr.

Also, weytwut and pissorf can do endiswalls job well enough. Just remember to always spam them when you have spare mana.
Ach Wheesht

Postby Raz on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 am

Thanks- will put to good use. PIOSORFing Draugr along long snaky walls seemed like a good strategy too. ;)
Raz

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Use a goblin to hit level 10 ASAP. Dracul for lifesteal. Keep ENDISWALL. When you descend, poke holes throughout the maze so you can avoid the level 10 berserkers while cleaning up the level 9 ones for lifesteal hp.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Some adjustments will affect Assassin Gold this week, but I've added a few extra concessions too. So hopefully it won't be a straight-up nerf to the player. :)
Nandrew

Postby Naoya on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Don't worry, it isn't. In fact, it's more fun that way.

Dracul still blows the challenge up, now it's just Blood Tithe rather than Blood Hunger.
Use your blackspace together with Burndayraz to summon lv 10's and 9's, and kill the 10's for bloodpools. If you have it, spam ENDISWAL to clear out the maze, and convert the miner bombs for good CP. If not, use the bombs at choke points.
Since you have quite a bunch of blackspace, you'll end up with more than enough Bloodpools to simply outsustain Draug.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:10 pm

What did they do to it?

(More characters)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Ach Wheesht on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Draugr now spawns level 9 bloodless, undead thralls instead of level 9 beserkers. You aso get binlor up top instead of taurog, i think.

Basically, the levels 9's are exp fodder instead of walking health pools. And it's now a bad idea to be worshipping drac when you do the boss fight.
Ach Wheesht

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons