[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Now with extra sprinkles

Now with extra sprinkles

All things Desktop Dungeons

Now with extra sprinkles

Postby GoatBot on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 pm

GoatBot

Re: Now with extra sprinkles

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:50 am

Nice Sprinkles. Still, they are harder to see than the old ones. It might be worth making them shine brighter.

The trophy popups look nice to, especially when the item zooms towards the taxidermist's. Still, you need to add more if you want it to be well used. Then again, I only clicked the race buildings once or twice, so they have no functionality after being upgraded too.

When you click on the kingdom screen to show all the building names the blacksmith overlaps with the humans.

On the topic of the Kingdom screen, any ETA on level 2 artwork?

Love the new puzzle pack. It lets you try to figure it out for the first time, but ten the sign pops up as soon as you fail. Good job! Two possible mistakes:
1. In Poison 1 you can just kill the goat, then poison the right goblin (who has the fireball) until you have enough hp to kill him. That levels you, then immediately fireball the goat for the kill. You don't even need to reveal the snake and can totally ignore one of the goblins. I'll assume it's a bug.

2. In Poison 2 you don't need the mana potion the zombie drops.

EDIT: All of these are glyph based tactics. What about also having a military academy for tactics that do not involve glyphs?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:30 am

I am pleased to see the absence of balance changes.

I'm away from my PC this weekend (hence the rush to get all those class challenges done, so they didn't consume my mind on vacation) but I'm looking forward to checking out the new puzzles and shininess later this week.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Liked the puzzles. The first one (with RBS) took me a short while, but that's probably me rather than it. The one with the two goblins where one drops the fireball was also a bit odd (not sure how it's supposed to work). Looking forward to more of these.

And, as has been said, the new sparklies have less visibility. I wonder what it would look like if they had the current swirly mist on top of the old single color dot in the middle.

And yes, the blacksmith and something overlap, and they also still cause some confusion when selecting preps. Technicaly, the blacksmith, gods and locker preps are really close to each other creating a cluster, and since there are no labels or bordered boxes for groups of preps it is bound to be confusing (at least once you unlock enough of them).

So if, just for the sake of the prep screen, the god prep icon group could be moved a bit to the right, and the locker icon group a bit to the bottom right diagonaly, I suppose it would be a lot better.

In short:

Current cluster:

What I'd preffer:

The bazzar I moved simply for aesthetics sake, as it would probably benefit from moving the entire building art a little if it's possible. There's space for it. But the other ones probably should be moved, and since the groups are so large, they probably don't need to be right on top of the buildings, since you can't see the buildings because of them.

Leaving the two big groups where they are and just moving the blacksmith selection to the upper right would probably work as well, and is easier. Should've thought about it before I made the mockup...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 am

I thought that the visibility got a litlle better, maybe it depends on the background. When you start a dungeon with an altar nearby, the sprinkles appear with a few seconds delay, and if you stand on one of them it appears on you and you don't collect it but you have to leave the square and reenter it. I don't know if that is intended.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Small nitpick, but the order in which the altar preps appear has changed. Middle used to be the "extra altar", which has now migrated to the upper-right corner.
Darvin

Postby Naoya on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:59 pm

http://i48.tinypic.com/2itfsas.png

The Blacksmith tag and the Humans Tag overlap each other. Moving the blacksmith stuff a little bit would really be good.

I love the new puzzles. They look really nice.
I died on one of the fireball ones by retaliate fireball - its like a mini-stealth lesson saying "look before you fireball".
Naoya

Postby Nandrew on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 am

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 pm

I find with the new sparkles it's a bit hard to tell some deities apart, and some of them have very poor contrast with the background. When they land on monsters, shops, or glyphs the sparkles can be extraordinarily difficult to see.

Binlor and Glowing Guardian are pretty hard to tell apart.

Earthmother, Taurog and Tikki Tooki are very difficult to tell apart in general.

Mystera and Jehora Jeheyu's sparkles are almost impossible to see on the tundra tileset, and are functionally indistinguishable from each other.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 pm

6 more puzzles overall or on that pack? I am a serious puzzle fan, especially when it comes to Desktop Dungeons, and I support more puzzles. I'd even support a challenge pack after winning the game that acts as a comprehensive test on Gods, items, and tactics. You could even throw in a few Vicious tactics to help prepare them and give them ideas.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons