[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Revised puzzle designageism

Revised puzzle designageism

All things Desktop Dungeons

Revised puzzle designageism

Postby GoatBot on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 am

GoatBot

Re: Revised puzzle designageism

Postby flap on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 pm

That's a good thing. For example, a few times I thought "Hey, they want me to use the "first strike" granted by the "slow" debuff, while they have never explained me what "slow" means". So, It is nice to see that these gaps are meant to be filled.
flap

Postby The Avatar on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Good read, agree with what you put up there. I know it's probably to late (what with the artwork already drawn), but I think it would make more sense to call the building the academy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I'd say that an overhaul of how puzzles are presented would go a long way in helping players find and attempt them.

At the moment they are a relatively unordered list with little explanation on how they are supposed to be tackled. A few pointers, or forcing players to finish simple puzzles before they tackle harder ones, could help with this.

I'd also like to see rewards for individual puzzle completion rather than whole sets. Nothing worse than getting stuck on the last one and being forced to miss out on a reward.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:55 am

As for rewards being on individual puzzles, I don't know. For gold yes, but for items? I think that would still have to be an overall award. Also, you're right that the list definately needs organizing. It also might be worth adding a button that organized it complete and incomplete.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:45 am

Or a cool graphical thing like the kingdom screen.
Bloggorus

Postby Deadman on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Deadman

Postby Nandrew on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Nandrew

Postby paplaukes on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Happy to hear about where the puzzles are going.
paplaukes

Postby Ottbot on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm liking the glyph puzzles... seems like a really good way to introduce players to new strategies or more obscure things that may go unnoticed otherwise. For example, I had no idea you could cast Imawal on empty space! How long has this been going on for? :shock:
Ottbot

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons