[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Finding Binlor and Jehora HELP

Finding Binlor and Jehora HELP

All things Desktop Dungeons

Finding Binlor and Jehora HELP

Postby Dredd on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 am

I am a relatively new player and have been on a search to unlock all the Gods recently. The only ones that I have yet to find are Binlor and Jehora, as the title of this post suggests. They are not like finding other Gods in that there is no set location on the Kingdom map that they are supposed to be found in, ie: North, South etc (at least according to the DD wiki posts on them.)

I am just curious if there are any tips or tricks to find them. I ran into Binlor once, but had converted my endiswal glif already so I could not mine past the Gold chalice to his altar. :cry: I have been scumming various Hard dungeons over and over trying to run into them in a subdungeon with no luck.

Do they only appear in Hard,Normal, etc.., dungeons?
Are either of them found with more frequency in a certain location?
Do I need to first finish other quests or something in order for them to become available?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :D
Dredd

Re: Finding Binlor and Jehora HELP

Postby Lujo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Binlor should appear in the west - look for his subdungeon with a tinker. It also spawns it's own endiswal glyph. You have to get through the wall to find the altar.

JJ spawns in the north in a subdungeon filled with imps. There isn't much to it, just reach the altar, and then you can suicide and JJ will remain unlocked. You can also manage to exit the subdungeon using several glyphs.

Best bet is to enter a dungeon in he appropriate direction (west and north) with a Tinker repeatedly and check all the subdungeons out untill you find them.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Dredd on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Ah, many thanks! I found Binlor and am heading North now for JJ. Hopefully finding him wont take as long as Binlor did! The locations were what was messing me up I think, someone should update that wiki page on JJ and Binlor and add the location on the Kingdom screen that they can be found in (North & West).

Btw sweet videos! :)

Edit: Found her :)
Dredd

Postby Lujo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Lujo

Postby Dredd on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks, and not to sound to pushy, but could you do a video on the earth mother, like what classes and strategies go best with her. She seems pretty useless to me :) although CLEARANCE is pretty nice for caster characters in a pinch.
Dredd

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 am

Oh, I'm glad for the request. I still owe the guys a Drac vid - I made one just before an important update though, so I need to make another one, and I'm straped for time.

EM - I'v been wondering how to make it. She's one of those features which grows in the players eyes as you gain expirience with the game. She's surprisingly deep and multipractical, she's good for a million little things and a few big ones, and makes certain maps much easier. I guess most people ignore her for a long while, then discover her at some point and have a crazy binge. I've been experimenting with her a lot, but I'm dreading to make the vid a bit because Sidestepper's been working her more and seems to be better than I am :)

I'll do it for sure, though ^^
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah, EM is a surprisingly complex deity. She has a lot of different strategies that don't overlap much. If go into EM and just take random hits of Greenblood and Vineform you're going to end up with lots of plants and very little added leverage. You need to pick an approach and stick with it.

Healthmonster: Stack up Vineform until you have 10-11 levels of it and then save the rest of your piety for either a Clearance bomb or conversion. You need lots of piety, so try to avoid wasting exploration if there are good targets for ENDIWAL. You don't want to stone all of your popcorn, but do brick the first 3 or so that you find. With Entangle, you still get some experience, and the piety will let you get lots of Vineform right away. Getting lots of boons early is good because it also creates plants, which are generally better targets for piety farming than your valuable popcorn monsters.

If you want to test drive the concept, take a human paladin to the Eastern Tundra and prep EM. The open space makes things much easier. Since you're a paladin, you can afford to take more hits of Vineform before it becomes better to save up for Clearance. Aim for 15-ish.

A more advanced test drive would be to send an orc Rogue to Naga City with Titan Guitar + EM. Since Clearance isn't an option in Naga City, go nuts with Vine Form.

Acid Caster: Just do a search for "acid caster" on these forums. I've described this strategy many times. It's a dedicated Greenblood stacker that relies on fireball for all of its damage.

Utility Monster: Here, you use most of your piety for things like Clearance, Entangle, and Greenblood (for curse removal). Repeated Entangles are very good if you can stand the plant spam, and Greenblood basically turns the special conditions of Cursed Oasis off.

General Stuff: Don't worry about running out of targets for IMAWAL. Not wasting blackspace is more important. If you are at full mana and are about to explore some more, start bricking those plants, even if your xp bonus is already active.

Because of the stacking cost of Vineform and Greenblood, you spend a lot of time at near-zero piety. If you have a Burn Salve or just don't care about corrosion, you can use one of these nadirs to clear out badly placed plants. Do not clear all the plants, just the ones that are being a problem. You will need plants for when you start relying on Clearance.

No matter how good you are, EM just flat out doesn't work on some maps. She is ill-suited to all six of the natural VICIOUS dungeons, for various reasons. The Titan Guitar prep opens up the field for her a little, but I consider this more of an easter egg than a real part of the game.
Sidestepper

Return to Desktop Dungeons