[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious PQI

Vicious PQI

All things Desktop Dungeons

Vicious PQI

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Namtar's Lair has been my PQI for a while.

For a while I just did flaming dungeons instead. Then I tried to tackle it a few times, but ran into walls pretty fast as I couldn't make barely a dent in the second form. I kept doing flaming dungeons to cycle the quest when I gave up. Purist Dwarf Wizard. Feeling Parched Dwarf Assassin. Purist Gnome Berserker. Purist is a killer, but at least it's cheap. A few I didn't try at all, like whenever I got Warmonger or Hoarder.

Today I finally got it with Faithless Elf Priest! I'm pleased, but everything about the run seemed anticlimactic, from the way the game dropped the Vicious-level PQI on me with no warning at all, to the lackluster gold reward. If the final locker slot is indeed going to cost 100K, I think a gold reward of several thousand is appropriate. Ideally, I'd like to have a "Vicious PQI" available parallel with "Normal/Hard PQI" so that if I just want a relaxing random challenge I can do it. Also, perhaps consider specifying either a class or a badge required, not both. Gnome Wizard Warmonger on Namtar's Lair is just not gonna happen.
sitnaltax

Re: Vicious PQI

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Agreed. You raise some very good points here. Vicious adds 50% to its percent for PQI, so unless you can get it past 50 (thank god I got mine to 100) you'll always hit this wall. It practically nullifies PQI.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Vicious PQI should stipulate only two out of three requirements; that is a race/badge, race/class, or class/badge combo. A specific class/race/badge combo can be just plain mean.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:41 am

Especialy if you hit a nasty streak - some combos are underplayed for a reason.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:02 am

Warmonger Vicious is really crazy, on the other hand, Cheeky Vicious is not a big deal.

Thus, If the vicious PQI dungeons give huge money then, the gold reward would be unfair(you know you can choose the badge with log-out trick :mrgreen: ).

How about this way?

You can choose some badges before a PQI game start like Bet on Boss(zero badge will give small reward money and more badges, more money). However, If you failed one badge, then automatically you will failed the entire PQI!

or just remove the badge section :x and fix the class/race(no log-out trick)
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:57 am

sitnaltax

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:59 am

The devs mentioned it awhile back. Thus the quick fix for people with vicious PQI problems is knocking off a few new vicious wins and then doing the burning dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

Also, reloging to change stuff wasn't working for me a while back.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons