Any plans for the Vita?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Any plans for the Vita?

Postby D3adkl0wn on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Just pre-ordered and am loving the Beta. I've been playing the Alpha downloadable one for a while at work and decided I liked and have played the game enough to support the devs for sure. So yeah, Hello to you all.

I was just curious if there was any thoughts on porting the game to the Vita once it is completed at all? Sony has recently expressed an interest in getting "Indie" games on their consoles and honestly, the screen and touch controls would make this game play beautifully. Plus, this is just the kind of game that people would buy just for the pick up and play value that a handheld game should have.

Anyways, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or whatever. See you around!
D3adkl0wn

Re: Any plans for the Vita?

Postby harfatum on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

If we're making console requests, I'd love to see DD on the Wii U, which does have Unity support :)
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Welcome to the forums, D3adkl0wn! It doesn't look like they will (based on the FAQ), but it could be worth considering.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby D3adkl0wn on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks, and yeah, The FAQ mentioned that, but also that it was based on interest level from the other venues I believe. Since Sony has just recently gone all Indie lovin' and this is the kind of game that would likely sell well on a portable system like the Vita, I figured it couldnt hurt to ask. :)
D3adkl0wn

Postby Nandrew on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:46 am

We'll take opportunities as they arise. ;) Right now, aside from having a priority schedule on platforms, we don't really exclude any options (unless, you know, there's absolutely no Unity support or something :P)
Nandrew

Return to Desktop Dungeons