[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The metal age

The metal age

All things Desktop Dungeons

The metal age

Postby Jisaya on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 pm

hi

I have no idea how i can solve this quest.

Can someone help me?

thx
Becouse my english is not the best i translate with Google
Jisaya

Re: The metal age

Postby Lujo on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Which quest is it? I'm ot good with their names but would love to help :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Thief Silver is the challenge in question. Good luck; this is one of the trickier Silvers I think.

The Level 2 guards are marked on your map. Use WEYTWUT a bunch of times to get to them. One of the tricks of this level is placing the monsters you move so they're out of the way. You might have to use a potion to kill the first one; make sure to slow him so killing one brings you to Level 2. After that, you're just trying to kill monsters a level or two up to bring yourself up to 7 so you can kill the boss.

In addition to the LEMMISI chest you start next two, there's a L1 chest with GETINDARE, which is helpful in a clear way. The L3 chest contains IMAWAL, and the L5 chest contains ENDISWAL. ENDISWAL has three purposes. First, it helps you access additional blackspace. Second, it helps you explore behind monsters and chests. Third, with three stacks and a GETINDARE,, you can often kill a monster two levels above you. Save IMAWAL for cases like this, where you can brick a L2 (-2 XP) to get 1.5x XP from, say, a L8 when you are L6 (8+4 = 14 = +7 bonus XP)

The L7 chest contains a Pendant of Health, which helps your potions go further, and the L9 chest contains BURNDAYRAZ, which you need for the boss. If you have almost all of your potions, you can kill him in a straight-up fight at L7, although having a mid-fight level up will make it a lot easier.
sitnaltax

Postby Naoya on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:46 pm

You should use LEMMISI a few times in the beginning; you need a couple statboosters and a healthpotion to take on the first lv 2.

In the beginning, using WEYTWUT over GETINDARE can help you gain levels a bit faster, though on higher levels GETINDARE is way better.

Theoretically, you can also win with GETINDARE alone; if you keep converting glyphs, you'll have enough damage to twoshot enemys a level above you consistently, and there's no lack of enemys.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 pm

I made a video on it awhile back.

Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOyMgGm2HQ
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm

It used to be that the level 2 guards were not revealed. Oh, the joys of actually finding those guys <_<
Darvin

Postby Waldo0 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 am

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 am

Not sure how to. The only way for me to record on my mac is quicktime player converted to iMovie then to YouTube. To make it fit the YouTube screen I have to size down my browser 3 or 4 times (Command minus). That makes it look really bad, but it's the only way I've found to make vids on a mac.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons