Just beat my first Vicious Dungeon thanks to Agnostic's

All things Desktop Dungeons

Just beat my first Vicious Dungeon thanks to Agnostic's

Postby Rellarella on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 am

Agnostic's Collar, some luck and *maybe* some bugs got me through Dragon Isles for the first time tonight.

Woo!

Played as a human Berserker with Agnostic's Collar, Conjunction, Reflex/Quicksilver and some other stuff prepped. All super simple stuff anyone could prep, basically.

I was fortunate enough to find Tikki very early along with 2 shrines to desecrate which lead to level one learning. Other goodies I found early on were a troll heart and a Balanced Dagger shortly after I get my second learning for a total of +5 XP on same level enemies. As for the possible bugs I noticed I sometimes didn't lose piety after the first exchange even if I didn't dodge. Has TT changed or should I submit a bug report? Having the piety to get 2 pairs of Reflex/QS was very helpful against the Matron.
Rellarella

Re: Just beat my first Vicious Dungeon thanks to Agnostic's

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Wow. That's crazy! +5 against same level?! Congrats on the win.

That was not a TT bug. He only punishes repeated strikes.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Congratulations!

Balanced Dagger is one of my favorite shop items for Vicious dungeons. It saves you from having to figure out a way to kill higher level monsters. (Berserkers often do OK anyway, of course.)

As Avatar said, TT only minds if you take multiple hits from the same monster. So if you first-strike the monster because of your higher level, GETINDARE, or otherwise, you won't take the ding to your piety.

Good luck on your Vicious journey! Berserker/Dragon Isles is a good place to start, and now you have the Dragon Shield which is definitely one of the best preps in the game.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:25 pm

TT punishes every hit only if you prep him, otherwise the first hit is fine.

And grats! Balanced dagger IS a go to item for vicious (both natural and vicious token runs), hf exploring the other ones :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 pm

I haven't really used it since it was buffed, so I'd forgotten how good it became. I'll have to try it out.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 pm

small size items for the win.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Eh, the dagger is a bit insane, really. I can see why the put off buffing it for as long as they did. But I guess the difference difficulty between vicious and sub-vicious justifies the power level.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:20 pm

It's one of the best items for vicious token runs.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons