[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:14 am

Second attempt.

DD hates me.
Bloggorus

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 am

What glyph did you convert there?

Also, if you had Namtar's Ward then that level 3 Bandit might just be doable.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 am

True. More proof of how great the ward is.

This screenshot exemplifies why I dislike Grimm's Groto. The old algorithm combined with the beta placement that puts monsters at chokepoints is prone to screwing you unless you have some way to get around everything.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 am

Level eight of VGT. Is this why the wall stompers turn up?
Bloggorus

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Found Spider Temple with Vampire. Being happy since i can't get poisoned or mana-burned. Corrosion is bad, but one could take all items from the temple after killing the boss. Then corrosion doesn't matter.
Find the mistake :oops:

Even more shamefull. This was the second attempt to beat a normal dungeon with the vampire. The first killed me by a stupid misclick: First Strike give only a free hit, if you kill the boss -> don't try this stunt with too few HP before the mid-fight level up...
Should pay more attention :oops:
Dreamdancer

Postby Kingdom of One on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 pm

:twisted: :twisted: PATCHES :twisted: :twisted:
Patches is truly evil.
What a terrible way to go.

Kingdom of One

Postby HexaDoken on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:53 am

I'm not sure if this belongs to here since it's a story and not a screenshot, and it wasn't really random that screwed me here, but it's too awesome for me to not share it anyway.

So, once upon a time, I've been messing around in good old Hexx Ruins. I've taken the Earthmother deity, less for boons and more for the hideously useful IMAWAL glyph. The secondary boss was the ever dreaded TOWER OF GOO, which, considering I was a priest and the other two gods were Pactmaker and Taurog, was a considerable problem. So I needed mana, and lots of it.

Obvious solution? Blow your entire piety on Entanglement to generate enormous amounts of plants, then use Plantation to generate even more plants as well as refilling piety, and use Clearance until victory. Sounds easy enough right?

Well, I managed to fail even here.

The thing is that I went a bit overboard with the "mass-spam Entanglement" step. The end result is that I was blocked off by a plant in my face. I had no ENDISWAL, no PISORF, and no WEYTWUT.

No worries! We will use Clearance early and hope this plant will get removed... whoops, I need 5 piety to use Clearance and I have 3.

No worries! We will use Plantation to generate piety... WHOOPS I NEED 5 PIETY FOR PLANTATION AND I HAVE 3

So I was stuck with no way to get out other than burn the plant to a crisp.

However, I still had enough mana to cast IMAWAL. While my path to the nearest monster I could use it on was blocked by an excessive amounts of plants, I had 3 piety anyway, and there was no loss in losing them. So I just charged onwards cutting my way through with brute force.

That resulted in Earthmother raging on me so much that I gained 90 stacks of corrosion. Owie.

But no fears! While I totally did NOT prep a Fortitude potion, there is the local apothecary guy that is always eager to help me out! And I even have enough money to afford it! After fixing my piety issues, I made my way to him, grabbed a Fortitude Potion and drank it.

Five seconds later I realised that it's Burn Salve that clears corrosion, and not Fortitude potion.

I did not prep a Burn Salve, nor did I prep additional apothecaries. I had only one, and I wasted it.

This was very, very, very, very, very, very bad.
HexaDoken

Postby HexaDoken on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:06 pm

In Labyrinth, getting locked between Rex and a level 9 snake. As a level 3 character. WEYTWUT/PISORF/ENDISWAL? Implying they care enough to spawn.

Seriously, this is BS. The success of the dungeon absolutely entirely depends on if WEYTWUT/ENDISWAL have spawned. And, to say, they never spawn.
HexaDoken

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 pm

That is simply untrue. You can reach an almost 100% success rate without preps or any of the aforementioned glyphs. You just have to learn to play to the dungeon more.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons