Bloodmage Sanguine Suggestion

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bloodmage Sanguine Suggestion

Postby Intoxicatious on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Maybe it's intended, or it might take too much work to implement, but I think that the Bloodmage should be able to choose to drink spilt blood instead of being forced to drink it merely by walking over it. Sanguine seems to be useless in corridors. I want to save my spilt blood for later.
Intoxicatious

Re: Bloodmage Sanguine Suggestion

Postby FDru on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I just wish my Bloodmages would not "autopath" onto blood pools, kind of how we don't autopath onto squares that would uncover new dungeon tiles. Other than that, I'm okay with the current behavior.
FDru

Postby Deadman on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:15 am

I agree that the autopath is a large problem. I used to use numpad keys in the free game, that's not an option here yet.
If the numpad keys come back then it'd suit me, but I imagine others would still greatly enjoy either autopathing around bloods or requiring you to 'pick up' the blood.
Picking up the blood wouldn't be -too- bad I think, just means pushing space on the blood instead of walking over. You lose some convenience for the advantage of not accidentally (or being forced to) sucking up blood,
Deadman

Postby PeaceChaser on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Bloodmages are THIRSTY. You expect him to sit on top of a spilled pool of blood and not drink it?! He can not help it. Can the tomato worm resist the tomato? Non! He is compelled.
PeaceChaser

Postby michal.lewtak on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 am

I love the new autopath and it feels good to be able to trust it completely, compared to the alpha.
I agree that drinking blood should be a choice, because everytime I play the bloodmage for too long, I become paranoid about the blood pools even when playing with other classes.
michal.lewtak

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 pm

This would make Bloodmages way too powerful, since being able to save every blood pool until the end would give you essentially an extra ~15 health potions for the boss. And the way it works now isn't so bad; you can use BLUDTOPOWA and blood pools next to unexplored tiles to maximize the efficiency of your regeneration, conserving more tiles for later on.

I do hope the autopath is improved to avoid blood pools, if possible. Really, just prioritizing completely empty tiles would be nice - it's a little annoying when I click to attack a monster, and the autopath puts me on a shop or an altar so that I have to switch tabs to do a second attack.
q 3

Return to Desktop Dungeons