The True Tale of Transmuters

All things Desktop Dungeons

The True Tale of Transmuters

Postby GoatBot on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:07 pm

GoatBot

Re: The True Tale of Transmuters

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Love the pic. Should be interesting...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Looks good.

Hmmm... wonder if the there will eventually be three items for our three new silver challenges?
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Tinker challenge adjusted.

- Intriguing and will be easy to check out.

Transmuter storyline modified.

- Interesting but I'm unable to check it out untill I make a new profile. Hope it no longer involves the jarringly orange huge subdungeon which clashed visualy with everything except magma mines.

Pactmaker subdungeons edited.

- Oh, God, yes. Finaly! Again, if someone runs into it/them post pics pls ^^

Transmuter challenges added.

- Hurrah!

Rock Heart replaces Garden Shears.

- Oh, well, alas poor sheers...

Added item info panel when mousing over preps that have an item attached.

- Hurrah! Wiki might get some love now!

Added prep costs under prep buttons.

- This I like!

Added grouping borders for prep buildings.

- This as well, might need some adjustments maybe, but deffintely good moves both.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 pm

I did the transmuter bronze by regen fighting with lemisi and apheelsich (using potions to jump start when spirit sword activated). I suppose there are better ways.

But silver seems to be bugged and I'm to tired to try to figure it out now. I was able to fight lvl1 monsters, but all other monsters were set to "talk" and the tooltip told me to "rechannel mystical energy". I tried activating spirit sword by converting stuff (and by pure lemisi spam) and it didn't make the invulnerable status go away. Hints from anyone able to figure it out appriciated...
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 am

plz, give me a new class veto :O

Lujo: You should be same or higher level than the monsters' level to unlock their invulnerable with the activation of the spritsword.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 am

Ty. And it seems that it's same lvl only.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:19 am

Wow, this set was a whole lot easier than the tinker ones. Still, great challenges, lot o' fun.

Compared to everything else, Tinker gold is probably a little too hard. The only change was the addition of the blacksmith subdungeon, I'm pretty sure.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Kuranes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 am

One thing I though of regarding the Transmuter. If you hold items over the conversion button you can see how many CP you're awarded (or well, atleast how much the bar will raise). The transmuter also gains CP through glyph usage, what if mousing over a glyph will display the given CP in the bar? Should make it easier to understand for people not used to transmuter.
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Lujo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 pm

If implementable - nice idea.

Also, I managed the transmuter gold on my 3-4 try and it was tough. Well, the 3-4 try was my first time of trying out simply popcorn bowling lvl1 monsters with wonnafyt and going Taurog from then on ignoring all the glyph use except fireballing. Trisword pulled me through, and if it weren't for witchalok pendant + burning I wouldn't've been able to kill the bugger. Tough map.

As for the tinker - well, I'm glad there's a subdungeon in the gold challenge now. Something to do with transmutation seals and a subdungeon scouting showcase. However, it does little to reduce randomness which is what we noticed was a bit jarring concerning the questline. The gold subdungeon is quite a dud, and glenrick is a complete win. (There ought to be some tok on the forums about the subdungeons in general, most likely). I'm glad the subdungeon was added, but having the boss start out in his own subdungeon so you can scout him would be a blessing...
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons