Random things

All things Desktop Dungeons

Random things

Postby aa_gg10 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello,

first off I'd like to point out what a great game Desktop Dungeons is, and I hope you'll release the full game soon.
Now, I have a few things to say which I hope will be perceived as constructive criticism:

- In Desktop Dungeons alpha one could roam the dungeons with the arrow keys, which is not possible here. At least I haven't figured out a way yet..
- The pathfinding kinda makes the game lag, and it sometimes ruins the gaming experience a little. (This is the biggest concern I have with game.) I reckon though that this issue will vanish once the game is released as a stand-alone app as I don't experience this lag/delay when playing DD alpha.
- Sometimes the game crashes when hovering over certain items to read their tooltips. I skimmed through the forums and saw that bug was recently supposed to have been fixed, but I'm still getting the occasional crash.
- The loading times are rather long, and so are the in-between load times. This might be due to my crappy internet connection but still, maybe this is something other people are experiencing as well.

Sorry for my poor English (it's my 4th language) and I hope you guys can use some of this.

Thanks!
aa_gg10

Re: Random things

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback :)

Is there any chance you could post screenshots of the crashes you're talking about? Were you doing anything in particular to create the crashes, or do you remember them always happening with a specific item? That might help me recreate the issue...
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons