I'm very curious about it - but then I'm also not done turning every rock over before I make one more thorough sweep profile. I'm also liking all the recent polish and tweaks and general adressage of long standing kinks, so I'm waiting for it all to pile up (quite a bunch of stuff I noticed last time around has been adressed since, I suspect the next "concise notes" series will be much, much shorter).
So, if anyone stumbles over it - pics and infor would be very much appriciated
Also, on the subject of ironing stuff out and polish and all that jazz, here's a few more things that could use a touch maybe, or have been lost in the shuffle:
1) There seems to be a disproportion to the number of Paladin quests compared to other guys. I feel like there's fewer. This affects 2 things - PQI and usage of hybrid items (paladin heavy playthroughs and phases had me using whurgarble and MW a lot more). Might have something to do with the unevenness of the Unlikely heroes questing classes.
1.5) Have the weirdnesses related to challenge unlocks (geographical ones) been sorted out at some point? Having to unlock Dragon Isles before you can do Paladin Silver sucked massively, especially since the layout is the same as the Doubledoom one...
2) The stone heart move I liked - the transmuter questline created a cluster of quests for me last time and removing it (as I assume is what happened) will make that particular phase much smoother). It got me thinking about several other questlines, and item unlocks...
The Grimm's Grotto questline with halfling spellcasters was a huge hoot and served a nice learning function. Also was a taste of vicious before actual vicious. On the other hand it's really offbeat and creates 2 "halfling only" questlines as well as putting an item behind a skill wall. I wonder if the piercing wand, witchalok pendant and something else could be moved to being exploration guild silver challenge rewards?
Whatever calculations I make leave me one item short unless an elite item is moved into the quest items bracket. My personal candidate for this would be the alchemist scroll. Otherwise, making one of the current subdungeon-only items into a shop item would work with less hassle.
IDK, those are just thoughts...
3) A veto slot for completing all exploration guild gold challenges?
4) A "start advanced button" to skip the intro-tutorial levels?
5) What ever became of the big subdungeon debate that was supposed to happen for a while?
6) Regarldless of whether that happens - Glenrick is way better than other walled off subdungeons.
7) An "Unambiguously usseless junk" CP fodder subdungeon? Make it have no properties except not giving any piety on conversion - because it's so useless that you don't have to be a GG devout to want to get rid of it.
8) Subdungeons as quest rewards? I don't know if this was ever discussed, but I think it would be awesome. Set up an unlock sturcture for existing subdungeons and tie them to quests (bronze challenges for "light" ones, map quests for non-light ones). You do the quest - subdungeon/s starts appearing.
Anyway, there it is. Some of this stuff might even be on the way, and I'm not sure how much work any of this would be (tried to keep it realistic and not too much of a hassle). If all this is usless, but there's will for that big subdungeon debate and feedback - let's start one here?