[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rex Effex

Rex Effex

All things Desktop Dungeons

Rex Effex

Postby GoatBot on Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Discussion - Rex Effex
GoatBot

Re: Rex Effex

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Looks cool, loving the new icons! I hope Waldo0 will reveal his strat now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Added buttons to switch between class/badges view in dungeon info panel.

(Angelic chorus!)

Preparations on some buildings are now awarded for free.

(Also good!)

Also, I like the new icons - the dodge one was pretty funny.

Has the resolution changed for anyone else? When I go fullscreen now, the visuals are rather better than I remember them...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:42 pm

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Do you have to beat everything before you revel your strategy?

Agreed on the 103% sentiment. I would rather have it display something next to the name of the dungeon (a skull) or just force it so say 110%. The skull is probably best because now you can get 100% without winning with all classes/normal badges.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

He probably does, seeing how he didn't share any of his secrets on principle (and not that bad of a principle, really). He's also fearing nerfs in case it goes out, so I'm guessing it's either a loophole or an engine he's got.

It'll take him a few weeks of responsible gaming to tackle everything but that doesn't have to stop us from speculating upon what the hell is he doing :D

Here's what we know:

- It worked in VT Naga City, and he believes it'll work in VT VGT. It is likely geniously stooopid.

- So it can involve any god (or no gods at all), and lets you get through 10 tokened up bosses including one with physical resistance, one with magic resistance, 2 lifesteal immune undead guys (one with phys res, one fat), one with huge damage, and a really fat damage sponge. And a few other guys.

- Assuming he knows his way around VGT (not confirmed), it's also supposed to let you kill horatio.

- He's got all the veto slots unlocked and he's been using them creatively before. This means it can, and probably does involve tailoring either a bracket (basic, quest, elite) or removing specific items.

- It might involve priests somehow. Hunch.

So what is it? Or rather, what's it about? Assuming it's not something we missed it could be any of the following:

A functional DR stacking Half-Dragon CP monger.
A functional DR stacking Human Transmuter CP monger.
A monk/priest/X Codex user.
A PISSORF spamming Wizard CP monger.
A rogue of some sort.

If it doesn't involve damage resists, PISSORF/knockback, or Codex somehow, I'm stumped.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I'd be shocked if it didn't have resists/lifesteal. Those are probably essential for Vicious vicious Horratio. Or it lets you gain an obscene amount of damage.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, sort of... Res cap is 65, or 75... 65 od 120 (on average) leaves whoever you're fighting with 42 damage... 35 if you're level 10 and sporting a platemail. That's 2-3 hits before you drop at best and a healing potion per hit thereafter.

Average boss has 650 or so health, and a few effectively significantly more than that. A few also hit for more. To kill them you'd need 220 dmg per hit, at least, or 110 and a ding per boss.

It looks... doable? My math too off?
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Hmm... 65% res on an orc rogue who gets dwarven gauntlets, troll heart and alchemist scroll at level 1?

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons