[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I finished the Naga City.

I finished the Naga City.

All things Desktop Dungeons

I finished the Naga City.

Postby Waldo0 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I can't believe it! I planed to clear the vicious token. and I try it and I clear it at first try!
(I mean I restarted until I got my wanted items)

Difficulty: Vicious Token >>> miser,pure,warmonger,vampire > etc

I think after most undeads became bloodless, vampire became a less strategy class compare other classes.

I hope Vamp would be re-balanced.

I also want use this strategy in the Vicious Tower of Gaan-Telet with Vicious Token, So I will reveal this plan later when I clear the Vicious Tower of Gaan-telet.
(Because, It could be nerfed. :twisted: )

So, The next easiest map is Dragon isles?
Last edited by Waldo0 on Thu May 02, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Re: I finished the Naga City.

Postby Lujo on Thu May 02, 2013 9:14 pm

O M G.

Whatever it is you dug up, I'm totaly hyped!

Yeah, Dragon isles most liekly. DL always had fans and naysayers and opinnions on it differed between patches.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 02, 2013 9:54 pm

DL is not bad anymore. Much easier than DI, at least for the strategy I used. Then again, it was a fireball reliant strategy, so the Matron was killer. Namtar was real easy for me. Don't know why.

EDIT: Just reveal it after the friday update. That will leave you plenty of time to beat VVGT.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am

HUGE DISCLAIMER: The run involved a pair of Martyr Wraps picked up before descending, and I am a huge jackass who managed to forget to mention that. They almost won it on their own, despite my signature award winning criminaly sloppy gameplay.

Err, I just multi-fumbled my way out of a NC VT run. It's very much doable, and I would've done it too had I not messed up several times in a row right at the end. Had the prince down to death protections. It's also rather more preppable than you'd think.

Orc Monk with prepped Binlor. Other preps were Dragonshield, compression seal for the dragonshield, bear mace (obviously), extra gold, extra attack boosters, dodge, whoopaz, STR and Burn Salve. I can't remember if there IS anything else to prep.

Scum for wheytwut. I didn't scum because I found it, but it was integral and probably can't be done without. Also, the abovementioned Martyr Wraps, which would've won me the game if I wasn't playing like a complete dope... Othewise I really had nothing worth mentioning. Worst bonus subdungeon (monster zoo)

Anywho, knock goo blobs all over the place and pick up knocback, might on wall destruction and a million stoneskins untill you max out on magic res. Phys res should be 68% except if you run into the tower shield and have place for it. Prep to lvl from either 6 to 7 or 7 to 8 and go down below. Several options here I took the worst - a straigth up consensus into mystera (only unlocked her because there was nothing I needed from Binlor). I also picked body pact up for the final 7% phys res. I couldv'e just killed a boss by abusing knocback and all the upper walls (which I did with SMM anyway) and had enough piety to join whoever and THEN consensus out. Save popcorn for curse removal (as well as you can) and just abuse knocback - either smack bosses into walls for free might, or into one another to kick both at the same time (and fireball both to lower their regen while you explore). I had about 40-60 damage and would've done it if I didn't do any (just one) of the following due to being terminally rusty:

1) Converted the burn salve for no reason. Don't do this. The final boss has corrosion and not having a burn salve handy for EM desecration is just stupid.
2) Took consensus right away instead of picking up a hundred or so piety from knocking SMM all over the upper portion of the map. This ment I had to desecrate for the conversion out of Mystera and it cost me too much.
3) Opted to level up by fighting 3 lvl 7 guys (2 snakes which cost me my final health potion) a lvl 5 curse guy and alvl 3 curse guy) instead of just regen fighting the boss. Ended up costing me an unreasonable ammount of resources, and I had enough walls and exploration to kill the bastard and gained nothing.
4) Wheytwutted the boss into a wrong spot where I couldn't knockback him any more while stil lhaving a million walls, no way to regen mana and being 1 mana short of a Wheytwut.
6) Converting into Drac with no way to gain piety with him and nothing but sanguine to pick up, while GG would've let me wheytwut the boss again and kill him easily.

Additionaly, my life would've been easier if:

1) I explored the regular subdungeon at all.
2) Scored just about any subdungeon except the monster zoo.

So in other words, if you can eficcently binlor down a level and get the resists, find wheytwut, abuse knocback down below and NOT GO FULL RETARDED at every opportunity, it's quite doable.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

And here's one without wonnafyt. With wraps, though, but no fireball. I even had an extra bear mace which I didn't pick up for lack of inventory space. And I even converted the badge due to inventory space mismanagement. I grabbed an extra whoopaz and translocation seal from the spider temple, in retrospect, I would've done better with a compression seal.

Big changes were not making any stupid moves, and proper god shennanigans. I had quite a bad level composition topside (and no wheytwut hurts). So I went down with "only" 65 or so magic resist. I also brought an ENDISWAL down below to engineer room for smacking someone around (tricky compromises without wheytwut, cost me an extra Bear Mace O.O), but won me the game. I did score a handy dandy venom dagger. I filled up to 100 piety with Binlor, swapped to TT, picked up dodging and Tiki's Edge, consensused into mysterea and picked up Body Pact to up my resists to full. Then ground out the bosses carefully, some using walls (Goo Blob was tough, come to think of it, first wave was Frank, Goo and SMM), some by smacking them one into another. In the end I desecrated EM for some reason and drenk the salve (mid fight with the boss, the corrosion from the spider temple, martyr wraps and his attacks was adding up).

Oh, well, it's doable with completely traditional cheeze, who'd've guessed. Wonder what Waldo used...

EDIT :? - Does anyone know what the status icon at the end of the topmost full row is? The blue one with "2"? Can't immagine what it is and where I picked it up. Unless there's an icon to tell you how many levels above 10 you got now.

For anyone interested the rest are:

(Corrosion)
(Dodge) (Learning) (Consensus) (Body Pact), (???)
(Knockback) (Stone Fist) (Corrosiove Strike) (Mana Burn Immunity) (Poison Strike)
(Monk 1) (Monk 2) (Monk 3) (Physical Resist) (Magic Resist)
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am

2 indulgences.

Nice job! Naga City plays quite differently than my normal strategy, so I guess it appeared impossible to me. That can't beat VVGT (right?), so Waldo0 must have something different. Hmm...

Anyways, now I only have VGT to 100%, if it is possible. This is going to be rough. I'm not even sure if some of these badges are doable.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon May 06, 2013 12:59 pm

ha, you nailed it :) The strat took the gorgon through the regular VGT (small modifications, but turned out to be hella strong, back when I was doing VGT trickshots).

The problem, however, I can't get the monk to work in VVGT. Or the gorgon. In theory, with either IMAWAL wall creation spam OR if the special slayer wand can be fired into an empty space so you can summon a monster, anyone with max resists, knockback and byceps/might on wall destruction could kick H. (anything's) ass pretty reliably.

But you can't possibly build up fast enough or without losing too much exploration. Or I can't at least. A miraculously resistant Half-Dragon could probably walk all over VVGT, but the "prep binlor scum pactmaker" thing runs out of either piety or walls for anyone except gorgon (or I'm rusty as hell).

Gorgon destroys VGT, but the lack of damage is too crippling for VT. And the whole binlor/body pact thing is by far the strongest strat I've tried out in there. Maybe I'm just not taking something into account (as usual). But Gorgon has poison strike AND instagib first strike which ignores RBS slow, and that's just something noone else has at their disposal, as far as I'm aware...

EDIT: Anywho, I'm stumped. Whatever can beat that place, I can't think of it.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Agreed. The problem with Gaan-Telet is building up to max resists. It costs too much when you consider how many resources you need for Horratio and the higher floors of the tower. It's kind of hard to imagine anything being able to beat VVGT, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 am

Congrats guys!!! :)

I also considered a knockback-poison monk, but I didn't clear with the monk.

Actually, I don't know whether I could clear the VVGT, because the map has much more variants than the NC.

BTW, I think my strategy is better :lol: .
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Tue May 07, 2013 5:35 am

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons