[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I finished the Demonic Library.

I finished the Demonic Library.

All things Desktop Dungeons

I finished the Demonic Library.

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 10, 2013 4:34 am

Wow, I didn't know about the Avatar's Codex(increase Fireball damage +4/lvl and instantly maximizes burning)
(I thought It would be Avatar's Symbol.)

I think I should change the difficulties which I wrote in the other "I finished (Vicious dungeon name)" posts. :oops:

Anyway, the Demonic Library was slightly harder than the Dragon Island, but entirely it was not so hard.
(I would only say that Vicious token was hard)

Difficulty: Vicious token >>> purist > etc

There is a bug in this map.

When you kill the last red djinn and the walls blocking the boss room's entrance are collided, you will get 40~50? piety of Binlor.
(The avatar has a physical attack so... If you know, what I mean... ;)
or You can just convert to another god )

I also want to know that our game editor can fix it just in one day. :lol:

Next map is the Namtar's lair!!!

I don't know about this map. I only tried it and cleared it once with Berserker.
(I just remember that I attacked and chased him with my Berseker and he revived a few times and he finally died.)
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Re: I finished the Demonic Library.

Postby Bloggorus on Fri May 10, 2013 5:43 am

Everything I know about this game is moot.

Serious, what is going on here? Surely hax?

Please hax? So I can feel better about myself?
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 10, 2013 11:37 am

@Bloggorus: Sorry, no hax. I've done that on all vicious.

@Waldo0: Yeah, this map is probably easier, but VT is nasty. Namtar is tricky, but if you plan a good start it's doable or even easy depending on class.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm

sitnaltax

Postby sitnaltax on Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 pm

sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Whether the third or the fourth form is tricky depends on what you're playing. I had the same expirience, and it's easy to come to think of it as if you're past form 3 you're in the clear, but it's a lesson you learn the hard way :D I think I have a wizard vid up on you tube called "Lujo's educational fail in namtars lair" where it happens.

And you might be right, DL has been gaining respect with me lately, and back when q3 was making vids I did NL with 5 guys and no binloring (allthough some of those involved lvl1 namtar kills due to old trisword antics).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I've definitely lost to all of his forms before (the last one doesn't count). Each one tests you rather stringently along a certain criterion. Depending one your playstyle, some of those criteria might be trivial, but if you change things up, you can get a rude surprise.

My favorite anti-Namtar approach is the Orcish/Human Punchomancer. It's an intentionally broad build that has an answer to everything.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 11, 2013 12:36 am

The latter forms are nasty in VT namtar, but I've lost to them in regular also.

@Lujo: 5 guys with no Binloring! You're more creative than me...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 11, 2013 2:12 am

Hmmm, I wonder if the Titan Guitar Acid Caster could do it. The problem is that Greenblood would only affect the first form, and the only boon you could take with you down below is the mediocre Vine Form. I know I could do it with a conversion heavy Orc Wizard Punchomancer, but the Punchomancer can already beat Namtar Faithless style and without resistances, so that's not really a good test of the technique. Maybe I'll try it with a Sorcerer.

EDIT: Forgot that Namtar-1 has 50% Magic Resistance. That's superbad. The Acid caster can chew through that, but it can't do that AND have enough left over to handle the rest of the map. At least, I don't think it can.
Sidestepper

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons